Appleton Coated announced the winning entries to the U360 Competition for 2010, which are printed all, or in part, on Utopia and/or Curious Collection papers. An online gallery of winners can be found at www.utopiapaper.com, in the U360 section.
“These selections recognize the effective, creative role that print communication plays in marketing mix,” said Phil Cavalier, vice president of marketing. “As the name suggests, ‘360’ reflects an ‘all around’ assessment—from concept and writing, imagery and design and finally, quality of print and bindery execution.”
Special honors were awarded for:
• Best of Show—37 or So Ingredients, for Dwight Eschliman; designed by Tar Studio, San Francisco; printed by Paragraphics, San Rafael, Calif.
• Design Excellence Award & Print Excellence Award—JWT TicToc-A Collection of JWT Work; designed by JWT, New York and The Map Office, New York; printed by Diversified Graphics, a Bolger Co., Minneapolis
• Communication Excellence Award—Iconologic Self Promotion; designed by Iconologic, Atlanta; printed by Elanders USA, Acworth, Ga.
The 2010 winning entries are:
• The Parsons Fashion Design Look Book; designed by Parsons The New School For Design, New York; printed by Van Lanen Inc., Green Bay, Wis.
• Madewell Fall 2009 Look Book; designed by Madewell, New York; printed by Datagraphic, Hempstead, N.Y.
• Nick Cave: Meet Me at the Center of the Earth; designed by Faust Associates, Riverside, Ill.; printed by Graphic Arts Studio Inc., Lake Barrington, Ill.
• Museum of Arts and Design Collections Handbook; designed by Pentagram Design Inc., New York; printed by Finlay Printing, Bloomfield, Conn.
• Jordan Yellow Look Book; designed by Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, Inc., Beaverton, Ore.; printed by Premier Press, Portland, Ore.
• Concord Music-Creedence Clearwater Revival: The Singles Collection” for Rare Cool Stuff; designed by Geoff Gans, Los Angeles; printed by Primary Color, El Segundo, Calif.
• Timberland Boot Company Brochure; designed by Timberland, Stratham, N.H.; printed by UniGraphic, Woburn, Mass.
• Barbara Barry Catalog; designed by Pilot, Palisades, N.Y.; printed by GLS, St. Paul.
• Reach for Kevin White; designed by The Steinhauser Group, Minneapolis; printed by The John Roberts Company, Coon Rapids, Minn.
• Minotaur Limited Edition for the Pixies; designed by V23; printed by DV8, Los Angeles
The company is now accepting entries for the 2011 competition. Winning selections will recognize the effective, creative role that print communication plays in marketing mix. There is no cost to enter. Submissions must be printed all, or in part, on Utopia and/or Curious Collection, accompanied by a completed entry form, produced in 2010, and postmarked no later than Dec. 10, 2010.
For detailed instructions and an online entry form, visit www.utopiapaper.com.