At the On Demand Conference & Expo held last month, InfoTrends, a market research and consulting firm in the digital imaging and document solutions industry, announced the winners of the fifth annual Best of Show Awards program. InfoTrends partnered with the On Demand show to produce the awards program.
The Best of Show Awards were judged in nine categories by professionals from the graphic arts and printing community who were chosen for their accomplishments and extensive knowledge in this market and its technologies. One “Best of Show” award was presented in each of the following categories:
- 1:1 Communications—Bitstream—Pageflex Campaign Manager 7.5
- Bindery, Finishing and Mailing Equipment—Spiel Associates Inc.—THE STERLING DOUBLEBINDER
- Color Digital Printing Equipment—Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc.—bizhub PRESS C8000
- Innovative Use of Technology—GMC Software Technology—GMC PortalBuilder
- Monochrome Digital Printing Equipment—Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc.—bizhub PRO 950
- Print MIS/ERP—Avanti Computer Systems—CRM Microsoft Outlook integration
- Web To Print Solutions—Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc.—Printgroove v1.5
- Workflow Solutions—Rochester Software Associates Inc.—WebCRD
In addition to the Best of Show Award announcements, the following companies were awarded honorable mentions:
- 1:1 Communications—InfoPrint Solutions Co.—InfoPrint TransPromo Whitespace Manager
- Bindery, Finishing and Mailing Equipment—New Bind America—Adventure PUR—On Demand
- Color Digital Printing Equipment—Océ—ColorStream 10000 Flex digital color system
- Innovative Use of Technology—Rochester Software Associates, Inc.—WebCRD V8.0—SurePreview
- Monochrome Digital Printing Equipment—Canon U.S.A.—imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8105
- Print MIS/ERP—EFI—EFI Pace, version 23
- Web To Print Solutions—GMC Software Technology—GMC PortalBuilder
- Workflow Solutions—Rochester Software Associates Inc.—KDKPrint
The awards program was open to all show exhibitors. To be eligible, products must have been introduced after April 2009, be generally available at the time of the 2010 On Demand Expo and be on display or in use during the exposition.
“We thank InfoTrends for running the awards program again this year, in conjunction with ON DEMAND and applaud the winners on their success,” said Debra Brown, event director, On Demand Conference & Exposition, Questex Media Group. “The Best of Show Awards program recognizes cutting-edge solutions that are pioneering new technologies in the digital printing marketplace and it’s exciting to see so many products being launched at the Show.”
“This award is meant to recognize exceptional innovation in the digital printing industry,” said Jeff Hayes, president, InfoTrends. “Each of these companies is a leader in our industry, and we are pleased to acknowledge their accomplishments.”
Stars Take the Stage
In addition to the show floor, the On Demand expo offered a variety of speakers on various topics throughout the conference.
Michael Rogers, MSNBC’s “The Practical Futurist” and Technology Expert, started off the show as a keynote speaker for info360. He discussed ways for businesses to continue to move into the virtual world to stay competitive and communicate effectively with their customers. Following Rogers, Robert Shimp, J.D. and group vice president of Oracle Corp., led a discussion on how innovative organizations are driving the integration of content management with their core business processes. John Mancini, president of AIIM, presented Eight Trends that will Transform the Content Management Industry.
On Wednesday, Whitney Tidmarsh, CMO of EMC, presented a discussion on successful strategies for transforming information into new sources of business value. Following her was Cyrus Mistry of Google who talked about Reinventing Work, Collaboration & Innovation in the 21st Century.