Neenah Paper unveiled its Think Ink: Color Unleashed microsite (www.ColorUnleashed.com), giving designers the ability to build color palettes that inspire design and paper choices. The site comes on the heels of the Neenah version 1.1 of Think Ink: Color Unleashed iPhone/iPod Touch App.
“We were overwhelmed with the positive response to our Think Ink iPhone Apps, but understand not everyone has the same smart phones or access to the newest technologies. With the ColorUnleashed.com site, users get all the benefits of the Think Ink smart phone App along with expanded features that give them incredibly creative capabilities right on their desktop,” explained Tom Wright, director of design for Neenah Paper. “Designers, printers and even end users will find the site not only captivating and intuitive to use, but a real workhorse tool that puts powerful design and color theory tools to work in their personal workspace.”
According to Wright, the microsite will be especially useful to designers because it’s a color visualization tool that bridges the screen and the printed page. Designers can build color palettes with features no other site offers.
With the ColorUnleashed.com site, users can:
- Create custom color palettes based on three different options: RGB and CMYK values; Neenah’s paper colors; or the Dewey Color System.
- Create and view color palettes of RGB and CMYK values right on the screen and then with one click download the palette as an Adobe Swatch Exchange (.ASE) file and embed it into Adobe Creative Suite. This key element saves users from having to hand-enter information and instead populates a library of color swatches and Neenah Paper colors into a designer’s personal Creative Suite, automatically saving it for future use.
- Select from more than 30 Dewey scientifically validated personality attributes from a word cloud and build custom palettes.
- Order sample sheets. Designers can link directly to their Neenah Paper accounts making it easy to order samples. And for a limited time, Neenah is offering free sample shipping through the site.
- Import their own photos or take imagery displayed from the Think Ink promotional book and play with free-form type, change paper and ink colors to simulate real ink on paper.
- View all saved color palettes and past paper sample orders.
- With a complete line-up of Neenah paper choices added to the site, users can view their designs on Classic Crest, Classic Linen, Environment Papers, as well as on other Neenah brands.
“The Think Ink microsite really takes design and inspiration to a place it hasn’t been before,” added David Schimmel, president and creative director of And Partners, which developed the iPhone and iPod Touch application for Neenah. “It has incredible capabilities and gives designers another tool for creating really great designs.”