For GRAPH EXPO attendees visiting the Mailing & Fulfillment Pavilion, today is the day a variety of sessions will be held. All Mailing & Fulfillment sessions are scheduled today—so don’t miss them! Whether you are a beginner or an advanced professional, these presentations will provide crucial information for every skill level and company size.
• 8:30 – 10:00 am, Room S503ab, What You Need to Know About the Sustainability of Print & Digital Media: Don Carli, Senior Research Fellow for The Institute for Sustainable Communication, will help you understand the environmental impacts associated with digital media alternatives and the sustainability reporting pressures that marketing managers are facing so you can make a compelling case for the value of print media.
• 8:30 – 10:00 am, Room S403ab, How to Price Fulfillment Programs and Handwork: The development of fulfillment pricing parameters is a challenge for every company entering the fulfillment industry. This session takes the mystery out of pricing fulfillment programs and handwork and assures that you are not leaving money on the table. Join Tom Quinn, Chief Consultant for Q Fulfillment Solutions, for an in-depth discussion on how to establish fulfillment pricing. Take home a fulfillment price list for your company.
• 10:30 am – 12:00 noon, Room S450ab, The Newcomer’s Guide to Mailing: Jim Workman, Assistant Vice President of the Center for Technology and Research at Printing Industries of America, will explain that offering mailing services demands new knowledge and skills to avoid profit draining and painful lessons. This session will get you started with the basics of USPS requirements, mailing practices, mail piece design, software and equipment, and current industry trends.
• 12:15 – 1:45 pm, Room S406b, New Business Opportunities for Printers (Luncheon Seminar): Spend your lunch hour (and a half) with Frank Romano, RIT Professor Emeritus, as he leads this intensive session. Romano will delve into the 10 areas where printers can and will make money, including mailing services.
• 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Room S405ab, Rockin’ ROI: The ‘Magic’ of Cross-Media Marketing: Here you will learn strategies to mix the messages using cross-media, and how to track and evaluate the most effective options. Naturally, direct mail is a key ingredient in the cross-media mix. John Leininger, Professor of Graphic Communications at Clemson University, will explain that the most critical element of marketing success is strategic planning.
• 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Room S503ab, Avoid Design Disaster – Maximize Your Postage Discounts through Proper Mailpiece Design: Size, shape, address location, the manufacturing process and even paper weight all impact how much your customers will pay to get their message delivered. Join G. P. Heinrich, The Postal Professor, in this information packed 90 minutes as he helps you gain a better understanding of postal regulations and their impact on design and postage.
• 4:00 – 5:30 pm, Room S503ab, Escape the Tri-fold Funk: Trish Witkowski, Chief Folding Fanatic at foldfactory.com, will explore direct mail, showcasing exciting proprietary folded solutions and specialty folds, all designed to help you maximize response rates. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn from the industry’s leading expert in creative folded solutions for print.