Keith Kemp, President of Xerographic Digital Printing, Orlando, FL, received the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) 2011 Walter E. Soderstrom Award, one of the graphic communications industry’s most prestigious honors, during the annual NAPL Soderstrom Society Dinner on Saturday at the Park Hyatt Chicago Hotel. Fourteen other industry leaders were inducted into NAPL’s Walter E. Soderstrom Society at the event.
“NAPL is proud to present this very well deserved honor to Keith Kemp, who has served our industry and our association with distinction,” says NAPL President and Chief Executive Officer Joseph P. Truncale, Ph.D. Kemp completes a two-year term as Chairman of the NAPL Board of Directors this month.
“His dedication and commitment to advancing the graphic communications industry have been hallmarks of a resolute leadership that has served our industry well during very challenging times,” says Truncale. “On behalf of the NAPL Board of Directors, our members, staff, and all the members of the Soderstrom Society, we congratulate him on this significant industry-wide honor as we present him with NAPL’s 51st Soderstrom Award.”
Following graduation from the University of Texas, Kemp began his printing career as a copier salesman for Eastman Kodak. In 1994, he became a partner in Xerographic Digital Printing, which had nine employees at the time. It has grown to 32 employees and expects to have sales of about $5 million this year.
Kemp has held a number of volunteer leadership positions, including serving as President of the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP), and has been active in various community groups and industry organizations. Named NAQP Printer of the Year in 2009, he was cited as “a role model for future generations of printers.”
Named for the late Walter E. Soderstrom, a founder of NAPL, the Soderstrom Society is an honors organization that recognizes the contributions of industry leaders, including printing firm owners, equipment manufacturers, consultants, and educators. The following were inducted as Society members this year:
• Thomas Auffenberg, President/Owner, Midtown Printing Company, St. Louis, MO
• Ronald Baumgartner, President, The Papers, Inc., Milford, IN
• Hank Brandtjen III, President, Brandtjen and Kluge, Inc., St. Croix Falls, WI
• Randolph Camp, President, Burman Printing/Walton Media, Monroe, GA
• Kevin Cross, President/Owner, Compuset Canada, Inc., Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada
• Michael Fox, President, Screen (USA), Rolling Meadows, IL
• Michael Graff, President/CEO, Sandy Alexander, Inc., Clifton, NJ
• Scott Heeter, President/Owner, Heeter Direct, Canonsburg, PA
• Michael Kellogg, CEO/Owner, Century Direct, Long Island City, NY
• Richard Kirschenbaum, President, KM Media Group, Clifton, NJ
• Barb Pellow, Group Director, InfoTrends, Inc., Weymouth, MA
• Michael Stief, President/CEO, Intelligencer Printing Co., Lancaster, PA
• Scott Vaughn, CEO, The Standard Group, Reading, PA
• Cindy Woods, President/Owner, The CMO Team, Marietta, GA
“We are happy to welcome this very impressive group of industry leaders as new members of NAPL’s Soderstrom Society as we begin the society’s second half-century,” said Truncale. “Each has made significant contributions to the graphic communications industry and possesses a notable record of industry service.”