Ricoh (Booth 2600) is showcasing the latest innovation in production print technology, along with the company’s family of high-speed production print solutions, iPad applications, Automated Document Factory portfolio (ADF), and more. Experts will be on hand to help attendees get a grip on the latest technology and trends, such as offset to digital, EP to inkjet, monochrome to color, and the transition from printer to marketing services provider. It is here where attendees can learn how their business, whether it is transactional, commercial, or book printing, can make the shift.
At the Ricoh booth, attendees can see:
• The InfoPrint 5000 family of color and monochrome continuous form inkjet systems is used by a large number of customers worldwide to produce print-on-demand and transaction documents. The family of products is available in a variety of configurations, with a range of speeds; finishing options; high-quality pigment, dye, and MICR inks; and support for a multitude of media, e.g.: EP, recycled, ground wood, offset, inkjet treated, and coated stocks. The InfoPrint 5000 family provides customers with a highly reliable, very compact, flexible, cost-effective, and easy-to-use solution.
• InfoPrint ProcessDirector enhancements to deliver Automated Document Factory (ADF) solutions—for native PDF and AFP environments. These breakthrough enhancements will enable customers to optimize their PDF datastreams for high-volume production, seamlessly apply industry leading PDF tools, maximize postage savings, ensure end-to-end integrity, and save money with new ink tools.
• Zumbox and Ricoh will provide attendees with the opportunity to experience the power of Zumbox’s secure digital postal system, which gives consumers the ability to receive, manage, and store their digital postal mail in one place. For mailers, this solution provides per-piece cost savings that can exceed 50%; a user friendly, bi-directional means of communicating with their customers; shorter time-to-payments; and, increased sustainability.
• A joint demo with Ricoh and Kern illustrates how InfoPrint ADF workflow solution, driven by the InfoPrint ProcessDirector software platform, integrates with Kern’s mailFactory ADF software to demonstrate inserter integrity and simplify the task of generating a final insert log and automatic reprint.
• The Ricoh Pro C651EX/C751EX/C751 is a color production class digital cut-sheet system. The system is rated at 65 ppm (C651EX) or 75 ppm (C751EX, C751).
It is available as a scanner version or a printer-only version and incorporates a liquid-cooled developer system. Models deliver 4800-dpi image quality, media handling from up to six different pick points, and handle stock sizes up to 13x19.2" with a paper weight of up to 110-pound cover in simplex and 140-pound index in duplex. The system also has air-assisted paper feeding in the large capacity trays. It comes equipped with a Fiery E-41A Print Controller.
• The Ricoh TotalFlow iPad Mobile Application (“the app”) is designed as a business development tool focused on the Ricoh Production Printing customer. The app is designed for marketing services providers. It assists Ricoh customers with increasing profits by leveraging the business development tools contained within it and accessed through the app.
• The two newest previews of TotalFlow, Ricoh’s worldwide brand initiative designed to drive the future of digital production workflow. TotalFlow MR (Make-Ready) and TotalFlow Output Manager will be available in November 2011.
TotalFlow MR provides make-ready, preview, and editing capabilities designed to offer print job preparation, job archiving, and reprint capabilities. TotalFlow Output Manager provides the ability to visually program job characteristics so that finishing, selective page programming for size and colors, signatures, and impositions appear as they will print. Jobs can be submitted to a variety of devices or also saved.