The best practice is to handle as many steps as possible within one OMS software platform. Otherwise, when many different products are pulled into the composition and production workflow, the greater the chance of problems with integration, compatibility, different software versions, and various levels of user expertise, to mention a few.
What should you expect from a multi-purpose, multi-channel OMS software platform? Look for these features in the software’s scope of services. Make sure the transpromo vendor’s OMS offering can provide:
• Analysis of data streams and display of optimization potential
• Review of the entire workflow infrastructure, including hardware and software
• Consultation and creation of concept
• Professional service and integration of the transpromo solution into existing infrastructure
• Integration and connection with existing CRM systems
• Maintenance and support
• Complete training program on the products and how to optimize data streams
An output management system can be the anchor of almost any transpromo system that requires integration and “smart” output of dynamic data. With OMS as the basis of these communications campaigns, transpromo skeptics are likely to become converts.