Fujifilm will showcase live presentations/demonstrations of the J Press 720, Onset S40i, and the Acuity line in Booth 414.
The J Press 720 establishes an entirely new product category: the high-quality, sheetfed inkjet press. It brings together Fujifilm’s knowledge, expertise, and R&D efforts to give printers the quality, versatility, productivity, and efficiency they demand. The J Press 720 offers a half-size solution for print runs of just one or thousands and provides a superior solution for the fastest growing segment of the market where the majority of print jobs reside and where the opportunities will be in the future.
With a 29.5x20.8" sheet and an output of 2,700 sheets per hour, the J Press 720 is the perfect solution for printers in need of a product that has the quality and robustness of an offset press as well as the versatility to handle even the shortest of press runs.
• Quality: The J Press 720 is the world’s first half-size format (20x29") inkjet press for producing offset-quality inkjet printing with virtually no makeready waste or makeready time, printing on standard stocks with a color consistency and accuracy within a Delta E of less than two. In-line sensors are used for quality control, monitoring every sheet to ensure output quality from the single pass MEMS print heads from Fujifilm Dimatix. MEMS is a general term that refers to technologies that are used to create three-dimensional electronic and mechanical structures on silicon substrates at a micrometer level, and manufactured parts using such technologies.
• Productivity: The device prints a 20x29" sheet in a single pass, resulting in production speeds of 1.3 seconds per sheet, with printed sheets emerging dry to the touch. This moves the breakpoint for the cost effectiveness of inkjet printing further into the traditional litho area.
• Flexibility: Fitting easily into a standard pressroom, the Fujifilm J Press 720 uses standard coated and uncoated stock instead of specialized digital paper. The standard stock, once imaged, can be treated like offset stock and simply dropped into existing finishing equipment.
• Production efficiency: The J Press 720 provides streamlined printing, with no plate production required and no need to run up to color; makeready times and the associated waste are a thing of the past.
The Inca Onset S40i flatbed UV inkjet printer includes many intelligent features to increase productivity and reliability. It meets the high-volume, fast-turnaround production needs of specialist display print companies, using 168 new generation, user replaceable printheads (28 per color) on a full width print array delivering a 28 picolitre drop size. Key new features of this latest Onset family member include:
• Reduced bed masking: A new 15-zone vacuum table reduces bed masking requirements for substrates thinner than 3mm, reducing setup times and increasing overall machine productivity.
• Innovative UV sensor system: The Onset S40i’s auto sensor system constantly monitors the machine condition and informs the operator when automatic cleaning is required.
• Sophisticated substrate height detector: Sensitive mechanical detectors deliver accuracy and reliability to provide enhanced substrate and printhead protection.
The Inca Onset S40i produces POS-quality display graphics economically at throughput speeds of up to 470 sqm/hr, equivalent to 94 full-bed sheets/hr (3.14x1.6m), and onto substrates up to 50mm (2") thick. A choice of uni-directional, bi-directional, and super high quality print modes can be selected, depending on the specific job requirements. As a result, it is ideal for the production of single and double-sided display POS, exhibition graphics, backlit/frontlit displays, outdoor signage printing, and cosmetic/fashion graphics etc. The Onset S40i is compatible with Inca’s flexible automation system which offers customers the choice to operate manually or with semi or three-quarter automation from the same configuration. For those requiring the ability to incorporate variable data printing as simply as possible, the Onset S40i also supports Inca’s Print Run Controller (PRC) software module.