Kodak (Booth 1221) is showcasing new printing features for the Kodak NEXPRESS Platform; demonstrating the Kodak PROSPER S-Series Imprinting System for hybrid applications; and highlighting Kodak PRINERGY Workflow, Kodak SONORA XP Plates, new Kodak FLEXCEL Systems, Kodak Service and Support options, customer success stories, and more.
The Kodak systems specifically spotlighted are:
• The SONORA XP Plates enable printers to realize the operational, cost, and environmental benefits of process free plate, while creating a wider range of applications than ever before. Because the SONORA XP plates deliver the speed, run length, screening, and print capabilities of mainstream plates, printers are now able to eliminate chemistry, processing, and all their related costs and inefficiencies from their platemaking operation—without sacrificing quality or productivity.
• The Kodak INSITE Prepress Portal System provides secure Web access into the print workflow. Customers, prepress operators, and service representatives can submit jobs, track progress, collaborate on changes, and proof and approve work from any internet-connected computer. Version 6.5 features an application approved for Apple iPad Tablets based on Kodak’s Smart Review System.
• The Kodak NEXPRESS SX Digital Production Color Press has a new option to increase sheet length by 38%. The new 36" (914 mm) long cut-sheet option enables printers to offer a greater number of applications, including point of sale, book covers, dust jackets, packaging inserts, labels, and more. The additional sheet length reduces waste and is compatible with Fifth Imaging Unit solutions. The press offers the longest sheet option on the market for full-color digital cut sheet presses.
• The Kodak NEXPRESS Gold Dry Ink is one of the latest in new solutions for the Kodak NEXPRESS Fifth Imaging Unit. The gold ink provides the ability to print in line at full rated speed, providing a metallic look for a variety of uses and applications. The gold dry ink formulation maintains the same key characteristics and qualities as all other Kodak NexPress dry inks: contains no VOCs, runs at full rated speed, printed output is fully de-inkable and recyclable. Applications that are ideal for this new gold ink are: greeting cards, stationary, business cards, marketing and promotional materials, photo merchandise, and simply adding a new gold metallic aesthetic to prints without the need for postpress operations.
• The FLEXCEL DIRECT System is ideal for both printers and prepress service providers. The system provides a simple, robust solution for the production of plates and sleeves. It is ideal for printers who are new to flexographic plate making because it eliminates the multiple steps of UV exposure and chemical or thermal processing. The system’s versatility enables a natural progression from producing sheet plates to a workflow that incorporates imaging in-the-round, or a combination of both processes. Kodak’s unique approach is to supply an engraver and a complete, optimized solution that includes hardware, workflow, and media.
• The PROSPER S-Series Imprinting Systems includes the S5, S5 with CMYK, S10, S10 CMYK, S20, and S30. Each solution produces laser-like quality for imprinting at a range of speeds and resolutions, bringing high-quality personalization to offset print jobs. With the PROSPER S-Series Imprinting Systems, print providers are able to leverage their capital investments in offset presses and bridge the gap to digital in a one-step, inline process.