NAPL has named John Saxton, President and CEO of The Sheridan Group, as the 52nd Walter E. Soderstrom Award recipient. Saxton was honored at NAPL’s annual Soderstrom Society Dinner on Saturday, October 6, 2012, at the Mid America Club in Chicago. Twelve industry leaders were also inducted into the Walter E. Soderstrom Society at the event.
“We are pleased to present this award to John Saxton,” says NAPL President and CEO Joseph P. Truncale, Ph.D. “He has committed his career to advancing and bettering the printing industry. This award is a fitting recognition and a much deserved appreciation of his tireless work.”
Saxton has been the President and CEO of The Sheridan Group since 1995. He received his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Bucknell University in 1971, and spent 24 years with the Procter & Gamble Company, with responsibilities in manufacturing, research, HR, government relations, and general management. In 1990, he became President of the Noxell Corporation.
He serves as an outside director on the board of Six Red Marbles and was a past director on the board of Technical Aid Corporation. He is a trustee on the boards of two Baltimore independent schools, St. Paul’s School and St. Paul’s School for Girls, past Chairman of Junior Achievement of Central Maryland, and past Campaign Chair for the United Way Campaign of Central Maryland.
The Soderstrom Society is an honors organization that recognizes the contributions of industry leaders, including printing company owners, equipment manufacturers, educators, journalists, and consultants.
Soderstrom Society Class of 2012:
• Edmund Young, Senior Vice President of Sales, Heidelberg USA, Kennesaw, GA.
• Merlin Buhl, President, Foremost Communications, Grand Rapids, MI.
• John Conley, Vice President Commercial Print & Publishing, Xerox Corporation, Webster, NY.
• James P. Donnelly, President, Precise Continental, Harrison, NJ.
• Mitch Evans, Partner, Mitch Evans Consulting, Daufuskie Island, SC.
• Kelley Holmes, Publisher, Cygnus Business Media, Port St. Lucie, FL.
• James Lange, Senior Vice President, Corporate Accounts, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Dallas, TX.
• Joseph E. LaValla, President, Integrity Graphics, Inc., Windsor, CT.
• Martin Maloney, Chairman, Broadford & Maloney, New York, NY.
• Robert A. Mason, CEO, Intelligencer Printing Company, Lancaster, PA.
• Ann Porster, President/Chief Financial Officer, Grand River Printing & Imaging, Belleville, MI.
• Julie Schildgen, Academic Chair/Professor, Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL.