The International Newspaper Group (ING) hosted its 2012 conference in Chicago this past weekend in conjunction with GRAPH EXPO.
ING began its event on Friday with an evening reception on October 5 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. It was a great place to network, meet industry executives, and to catch up with friends.
The ING Conference kicked off its educational program on Saturday at 9:00 am. Kristy Gerry, ING President and Director of Production for Omaha World-Herald, opened the conference and introduced the keynote speaker, Rodd Winscott, President of Newsweb Corporation.
Other topics covered during the Saturday conference included:
• Marketing Strategy Behind 3-around with Joe Gallo
• Strategy Behind upgrades at Newsday with Ed Bushey
• Re-Aligning Strategies for Revenue & Efficiencies with Bill May
• Gannet on Restructuring with Austin Ryan and Mark Winans
• Emerging Technology – Digital Press Solutions with Todd Socia which included information from TKS (Booth 1861), Jetleader, manroland web systems (Booth 2210), Oce (Booth 400), KBA (Booth 2227), and RR Donnelly.
This year’s sponsors included: PRINT 13, Southern Lithoplate, Flint Group, US Ink, Chicago Tribune, Goss International (Booth 845), Pressline Services (Booth 2064), Fujifilm North America (Booth 414), Media Procurement Services (MPS), KBA North America, Inland Newspaper Machinery Corp., JTM, RBP Chemical Corp., and Impressions Worldwide (Booth 2662).
ING is a not-for-profit organization comprised of newspaper operations executives and industry suppliers based in North America. The organization meets once a year for a day and a half to exchange information and help foster a better understanding of the latest technology impacting the newspaper production process.