Mike Rayburn, aka "the world’s funniest guitar virtuoso," will offer a fun and challenging keynote, "What...
Mike Rayburn, aka "the world’s funniest guitar virtuoso," will offer a fun and challenging keynote, "What If….?", at the 2013 Owners Conference of the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP) at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn., Nov. 7-10.
PRINT 13 is one of the great industry learning opportunities. But show-goers in the quick and small commercial printing and mailing segment can continue to grow their industry knowledge and gain additional business management insight at the 2013 Owners Conference of the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP), Nov. 7-10, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
“This is a conference that any small commercial printing business owner or executive should attend,” says Charlene Sims, President of The Master’s Press in Dallas, TX, who served as Chairperson of the Planning Committee, “because it addresses issues that their peers have identified as important, and features industry leaders offering the latest strategic and tactical information—ideas attendees can take home and put to work in their own shops immediately.”
The conference agenda was put together according to the specifications NAQP members provided through their 2012 event feedback. Among the topics they identified were marketing strategies and tactics, new technologies and new business opportunities, and sales techniques.
Focus on marketing
The conference will address marketing right from the opening keynote, featuring David Avrin, author of the breakout marketing book, “It’s Not Who You Know, It’s Who Knows You”. His informative luncheon program, sponsored by Xerox, will show how to promote a true competitive advantage while building a strong brand identity. Avrin will follow up with a breakout session on “Brand-Storming.”
Other sessions include:
- • “Creating a Fail-Proof Sales Engine with Your Website”—Tawnya Starr, President of PrinterPresence, will identify principles industry leaders follow to use their website as a sales tool, incorporate their website into customer conversations, reach local customers with online catalogs, and find top vertical markets to target.
- • “PURLs of Wisdom”—Derrick Doi of Xerox will look at current cross-media trends, then be joined by Paul Strack of Custom XM and Craig Dellinger of New Haven Print in a discussion of the tactics and results of the cross-media campaign used to market the Owners Conference.
- • “The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Cross-Media Campaign”—Strack will take attendees step-by-step through creation of a cross-media campaign, showing how to do it without advanced computer skills, and how it can drive clicks on your digital equipment.
Using new technologies and services to expand business will be covered in several fact-filled and experience-based sessions, including:
- • “What’s All the Buzz About: Is 3D Printing in Your Future”—A panel discussion on this new technology and its real-world applications.
- • Adding Wide-Format to Your Business”—A review of the basics, including wide-format software, equipment, staffing, competition, applications, costs, and opportunities.
- • “You Bought & Installed the Equipment? Now How Do You Grow Your Sign Sales?”—A panel of NAQP members will discuss how they grew their sign sales, which industries are buying signs, and how to market to them.
- • “How to Price Fulfillment Services”—John Rafner of the Association of Marketing Service Providers will explain fulfillment types, pricing concepts, correct services for a smaller facility, customer expectations, and entry-level technology.
When it comes to sales, NAQP has called on one of the top sales trainers in the industry, Peter Ebner, who will present both a general session and breakout—“How to Guarantee Sales Success” and “Prospecting Strategies that Get Results”.
‘Music City, USA’
In deference to its “Music City, USA” venue, the 2013 Owners Conference will also feature keynoter Mike Rayburn, aka “the world’s funniest guitar virtuoso,” whose musical interpretations will encourage, challenge, and inspire attendees at the luncheon keynote on day two. Avrin’s “What if…?” program will provide three simple, but powerful tools they can use “immediately and forever” to move far beyond their perceived limitations.
And, as requested by those who were wowed by her program at the 2012 Owners Conference, business coach Nancy Proffitt will lead a wrap-up session that sends attendees home with takeaway ideas they can use in their own business.
Of course, there will be plenty of time for networking and enjoying the musical nightlife of Nashville, including an optional evening visit to a performance at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry.
Those registering for the conference by Sept. 20, 2013, can take advantage of the $595 early bird rate—$100 off the regular registration price. A special “companion package,” including Avrin’s and Rayburn’s luncheon keynotes, a welcome reception, and a Supplier Showcase dine-around, is just $250. Go to www.napl.org/2013OC for information, or call 800-642-6275.