Speakers David Zwang, President of Zwang and Company and Ghent Workgroup Chairman, and Stephen Carter, VP of Technology for Phototype and Ghent Workgroup Packaging Subcommittee Co-chair, are presenting “The Future of PDF for Packaging,” tomorrow, Wednesday, September 11, from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm in Room S403a.
Designed for brand owners, packaging production professionals, creative professionals, and designers, Zwang and Carter will discuss the latest GWG packaging specifications, and how they can be used to streamline and ensure consistency across packaging design and production workflows. The informative session will focus on the future of PDF for packaging, and how “Smart Layers” will be instrumental to the process.
Attendees will learn:
- What are GWG specifications?
- How are GWG specifications being used in PDFs for packaging?
- Overview of GWG Packaging committee work to date
- Real-world examples of companies using GWG packaging specifications reviewing non-printing contours in a PDF file.
- What do we do with all this extra “stuff” used for packaging in a PDF file?
- A look behind the curtain: OCCD & OCMD—or OC What?
- Why all this fancy jargon just to describe a layer
- The seminar fee is $125, and counts as one session towards a value package.