Managing content for multiple channels is the central theme to a multi-faceted educational program by IDEAlliance on the show floor at PRINT 13.
Among the highlights are the 2013 Spectrum Conference Content Integration: Bridging Print & Digital on September 10 in Room S106B.
The concept behind Spectrum is to give participants the benefits of learning through the sharing of real-world production experiences by creatives, brand owners, producers, and suppliers, who will share successes and challenges of transforming workflows in a multi-channel world.
The takeaway is an understanding of the issues, new technologies, and practical applications of media production in the industry’s multi-channel environment.
Registration begins at 8:15 am. Welcoming remarks by conference chair Jim Mikol of Mikol and Associates begin at 8:30 am. James Michelson, founder, principal and Chief Marketing Officer at JFM Concepts, will present the keynote on “Cross Media Marketing Outlook”, followed by a case study on “Heifer International’s Journey to Tablet Magazine Publishing”, presented by Debbie Bates-Schrott, President, Bates Creative. Bates-Schrott will also offer a power learning session on “Beyond Print: Designing for Multiple Channels”.
Additional case studies include:
• Integrating Agency, Client, and Service Provider: How Oracle Reduced Ad Spend and Improved Efficiency, by Kate McClean, Global Manager of Creative Production for Outdoor, Airport, Print and Digital Executions, Leo Burnett
• Mobile & Interactivity in Print Today & Tomorrow, by John Puterbaugh, Ph.D., EVP and Chief Digital Officer, Nellymoser
• Putting on the Dog: How Purina’s Social Media Action Bred a Print Campaign, by Joe Duncan, SVP, Director, Strategic Sourcing, Leo Burnett USA
• Game-Changer: A New Standardized File Format for Interactive Publishing, by Joe Cha, President, Hipzone and Dianne Kennedy, VP Emerging Technologies, IDEAlliance
• Reader’s Digest: A Roadmap to Multi-Channel Content Creation and Distribution, by Michael Edson, President and Principal Consultant, DETI Group LLC
Additional Power Learning sessions include:
• Print is Interactive!!! By Barbara Pellow, Group Director, InfoTrends
• Measured Results in Real Time, by Stephen Hart, Sr. Publishing Consultant, Adobe Systems
• Upstream and Down: Crossing Channels with DAM, by Frank A. DeCarlo, Director of Sales and Client Services, RPR Graphics
• How To Go Digital, by Michael Edson, President and Principal Consultant, DETI Group LLC
Mikol will wrap up the conference with a presentation on “Best Practices & Innovations in Print & Digital”.
For more info, go to: www.idealliance.org/events/spectrum-conference-2013#group-program-info.