PRINT 13 and the co-located CPP EXPO present the year’s most relevant and comprehensive slate of educational opportunities for graphic communications professionals. Themed “Innovate, Integrate, and Communicate,” PRINT 13’s offerings kicked off yesterday with a half-day pre-show EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference.
Following one computer lab on Saturday, September 7, this morning marked the start of the official seminar and workshop slate which will run through Wednesday, September 11. Top industry educators and professionals will present sessions addressing the interests of 12 key market segments including: commercial printing, in-plant printing, transactional printing, quick printing, packaging and specialty printing, photo imaging, mailing and fulfillment, book printing and publishing, wide-format printing and imaging, newspaper printing and publishing, marketing and creative services, and media/print buying.
“The graphic communications industry has long ago evolved from strictly ink on paper,” says Ralph Nappi, President of the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC). “To be successful in today’s continuously evolving industry, print professionals have to be able to innovate, integrate, and communicate using technologies and techniques that were unheard of only a few years ago. PRINT 13 intends to address the educational needs of those involved in this unprecedented transition.”
The seminar slate will cover a broad range of topics with specialty interest sessions divided into 10 tracks: Business/Executive, Design/Creative Pro, Commercial, Mailing, Non Print/Digital Imaging, Marketing/Sales, Future Print, In-plant, Wide Format, and, Packaging. A few examples of session topics include:
- • “Web-To-Print: Are We THERE Yet?”
- • “Digital Publications: Friend or Foe?”
- • “The Future of Print”
- • “How to Sell Your Clients on Multimedia Campaigns—and How to Deliver the Goods”
- • “Economic Trends to Watch Before Making Your Next Business Decision”
- • “Digital Directions: Color Presses”
- • “Ink Jet Wide Format: PEAK Print PROFITS per Square Foot!”
- • “In-Plant Panel: Success Stories from the Field”
- • “3D Printing for the Commercial Printer”
- • “Short Run Digital Packaging: Trends, Issues, Challenges & Solutions”
- • “Better Selling Strategies: Secrets to Overcoming Obstacles & Objections”
- • “Direct Mail Optimized: How to Harness the Power of Postal Discounts”
During the show, along with the complete slate of seminars, there will be luncheon sessions covering: “PDF/VT for High Impact VDP - Stronger Customer Relationships & Higher Response Rates,” sponsored by Adobe; “The Secrets of Leading Digital Companies;” and, “Making Print Come Alive.”
Another PRINT 13 educational highlight will be a series of nine computer labs on topics such as digital photography, Photoshop, VDP, digital design, InDesign CS6, EBook production, WordPress, tablets and smart phone apps, QuarkXPress, and more.