Having trouble downloading? Contact Us
By Nancy DeDiemar
This summer the USPS is repeating its QR mobile barcode promotion first offered in the summer of 2011. This year’s program is called Mobile Commerce and Personalization Program and it runs through August 31, 2012. The discount is two percent, taken upfront, and is available for metered mail and pre-cancelled stamps as well as postage imprint (indicia) mailings.
Here are the eligibility requirements for this year’s program:
• Each mail piece must contain a two-dimensional barcode, either on the outside or printed in the contents, and brief instructions that tell recipients to scan the code.
• The barcode must be readable by a smart phone, lead to a mobile-optimized website, and be relevant to the contents of the mail piece.
• Mailers must register on the USPS Business Customer Gateway (gateway.usps.com) and specify which permits and/or CRIDs (Customer Registration Identification) will participate in the promotion. Registration must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the first mail date.
• Mailings must be accompanied by electronic documentation and must identify the mail owner and mail preparer by CRID or MID (Mailer Identification).
• Automation mailings must use the IMb (Intelligent Mail Barcode). POSTNET barcoded mail is not eligible to claim the discount.
• The discount does not apply to single-piece mail or to single-piece residual mail.
• The mailer must provide an unaddressed sample of the mail piece at mail entry (two samples if a PURL is used) and retain a sample until October 31, 2012.
Mailers must agree to participate in a survey conducted during or after the promotion.
For a full explanation of the program, including a 25-page program guide, go to https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=mobilebarcode. No other incentives can be combined with the mobile barcode discount.