Date: 09/11/11 8:30 AM CT - 09/11/11 11:30 AM CT
Location: Chicago, IL United States
Web site: http://graph11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/sessions/sessiondetails.cfm?ScheduledSessionID=18A9CFC2
Fee: $299 (counts as 3 seminar towards a Value Package Plan) View Pricing
Date: Sunday, September 11
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Speaker: Taz Tally Ph.D.
Work smart! Come discover the time-saving tools, techniques and tricks to work interactively within and between Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Adobe Bridge. ‘Test drive’ new techniques for customizing and speeding-up your workflow by using the Creative Suite’s, and especially Bridge’s, significant file management capabilities. Bonus: learn how to maximize your use of non-destructive image editing techniques.
You Will Learn:
- How to use Adobe Bridge to enhance your document management and Creative Suite workflow
- How to create and use non-destructive image editing tools, such as Smart Objects, to maximize editability while maintaining image quality
- Proper color assignments and moving colors between applications
- Standardizing Color Settings throughout the Creative Suite
- Automating key prepress Photoshop and Illustrator functions with Bridge
- Creating prepress ready PDF's through Bridge and InDesign
- How to quickly and easily move images between InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and PDF
- Managing hundreds and thousands of images quickly, easily, and accurately
- Key Creative Suite application preferences settings to maximize interactivity, speed and flexibility
- What's new in Bridge and Creative Suite interactivity in CS5 including the Mini-Bridge
Who Should Attend:
Prepress staff, Designers and Photographers who work with the Adobe Creative Suite of applications—InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat—that want to learn how to work more effectively and efficiently.
Design/Creative, Graphic Applications, Pre-Media
Taz Tally Ph.D.
Taz Tally Photography
Dr. Taz Tally is president of Taz Tally Seminars, is a respected digital imaging and prepress expert, and a wilderness photographer. Taz is the author of numerous books including “Photoshop Before and After Makeovers” “Acrobat and PDF Solutions” “Avoiding The Output Blues” “Avoiding The Scanning Blues” (a DoubleDay book club featured selection), the UMAX MagicScan® Manual, and “SilverFast: The Official Guide”. Taz is also a contributing author to “The Photoshop World Dream Team Book”. He has produced numerous online instructional videos, CDs and DVDs on Scanning, Prepress, Photoshop, Color Correction, the Creative Suite, and Keyboard Shortcuts, and was the instructor for the pioneering video training series Desktop to Print. Taz has invented and produces a 10-step scanner and digital camera calibration color correction kit. Taz is a frequent presenter at seminars and trade shows throughout the U.S., including GraphExpo, and is a member of the Photoshop Dream Team at the biannual Photoshop World conventions.
Taz also is a frequent contributor to Photoshop User and Layers magazines for which he writes a regular column. Taz is perhaps best known for his entertaining, content-rich seminars and his ability to present complex materials in a simple, easy to understand fashion. In addition to developing training courses for, NAPP, Lynda.com and KelbyTraining.com, Taz is on the faculty Sessions.edu, The Online School of Design where he is The Digital Print Production Program Director. When he is not touring the country presenting his seminars, Taz generally heads off to the outdoors. Taz enjoys his home in glorious Homer Alaska where he revels in mountain biking, kayaking and hiking, Nordic skiing and nature photography with his cardigan-welsh-corgi Zip. Taz has also been sighted skiing the powder snows in Utah, diving with the whales in the waters off of Hawaii and prowling the terrains of the desert southwest. Catch the adventure and photography in Taz’s latest book: “50 Hikes in Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula”
Taz is available for custom training and consulting …Contact Info Below:
41195 Turkington Circle, Homer, AK 99603