Join us for the premier print & media buyers’ show in Chicago at McCormick Place, where we will be co-locating with GRAPH EXPO!
As an added benefit of our Chicago location, Print & Media Conference participants will be able to take advantage of all GRAPH EXPO room and travel deals – including airport and hotel-to-convention center shuttles. These complimentary shuttle buses run regularly throughout the show between all of the discounted hotels and McCormick Place.
Optimizing Your Color Management Workflow
This half-day “master class” is an intermediate/advanced workshop. It is ideal for graphic designers, brand managers, those involved in print production and print and asset purchasing as well as anyone who needs to accurately identify, measure and quantify and articulate color in addition to aspiring an optimized color workflow.
This session focuses on a step-by-step review and discussion on optimizing your workflow by addressing critical areas where most of the print challenges are generated. From image capture, ensuring images have the correct profiles for you and your printers’ working space – whether shot or downloaded, managing critical colors throughout the process, the tools most needed for proper color viewing, quantification and articulation of accurate color values, through to rendering intents and releasing files to printers to get as close to color expectations with minimal quality or time loss and unexpected fees.
Some of the topics discussed will be:
- Color Theory: the RGB to CMYK conversion and its impact on printed color
- Why WYSIWYG is not always true
- Why some of the legacy color systems do not accurately convey color from gamut to gamut and how to overcome the limitations
- Managing critical colors: product replication, corporate identity, branding
- Working with photographers regarding image capture requirements and retouching, profiles and archiving for repurposing
- What measuring instruments every studio, agency or in-house production department should have to have an optimized color workflow
- The importance of a fully calibrated workflow and how to achieve it
- Anticipating paper’s impact on color
- How illuminates will impact how colors are perceived, optimal viewing and measuring lighting conditions
- SWOP, GRACoL, G7: industry guidelines that streamline and optimize the workflow, increase predictable results and offer targets throughout the supply chain, nationally as well as internationally
- Challenges most often encountered in color management and how to address color management issues
Attendees will receive a copy of Sappi’s Standard #2: Color Management and Calibration as well as a copy of the seminar for note-taking purposes.
This special workshop runs from 9 am till noon on Monday, October 8th. You may register for it along with our 2-day Conference, or if you only have one day to spare, you may register just for the Workshop. We’re flexible: we even offer you one Conference day as an option!