In a pre-drupa meeting, HP previewed new products in Israel to a group of international journalists and analysts. Among the highlights outlined by Alon Bar-Shany, VP and general manager of the Indigo Digital Press Division, Chris Morgan, senior VP of HP's Graphic Solutions Business in the Imaging and Printing Group, Xavier Garcia, VP and general manager of HP Scitex, and other senior HP officials were:
- Three next generation 29-inch format HP Indigo presses capable of producing almost any commercial print job and a much broader range of packaging applications.
- Three updated models of the current HP Indigo portfolio with higher speeds in Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM).
- Three higher-speed HP Inkjet Web Press models featuring advanced ink and print head technology.
- New HP high-speed imprinting solution for adding monochrome or full-color content to preprinted offset materials.
- A white ink kit, automatic loader and HP SmartStream Production Analyzer monitoring solution for HP Scitex industrial presses.
- A range of new HP SmartStream workflow and finishing solutions, HP Hiflex management information systems (MIS) and web-to-print solutions, and an expanded services organization.
- New media for the HP Inkjet Web Press systems, including the first coated glossy paper with ColorPRO technology available from Appleton Coated.
- New HP Indigo preferred media partner agreements with Sappi, Avery Dennison, Mitsubishi and ArjoWiggins Graphics.