HP has announced new business development tools and print technologies at this year's Digital Solutions Cooperative Dscoop6 HP users' group conference to help print service providers (PSPs) generate more revenue from digital printing.
The new offerings—which include enhancements for users of the latest HP Indigo press models, as well as upgrades and features for the broader base of PSP customers—represent HP's continued investment in its customers' success. Amid a challenging environment for the overall printing industry, customers continue to see more opportunities with HP: page volume for HP graphic arts solutions reached a new, record level in fiscal 2010, with much of the growth stemming from a 25-percent increase in customers' HP Indigo page output.
"HP witnessed a 19-percent increase overall in commercial printing hardware shipments last year. In the graphics space, that growth was a direct reflection of our ability to offer PSPs more productivity, more value and better profit opportunities," said Christopher Morgan, senior vice president, Graphics Solutions Business, HP. "The success of the Dscoop conference reflects this positive momentum in the transformation from analog to digital printing."
New HP offerings on display in Dscoop6's Solutions Center exhibit area include:
* new HP Capture business development offerings to help customers strengthen their marketing efforts and secure additional, profitable growth opportunities
* print quality tools and feature upgrades for the HP Indigo 7000, 7500 and WS6000 digital presses
* an HP SmartStream Production Pro server available in a more convenient tower configuration
* HP SmartStream server upgrades for 4000- and 5000-series HP Indigo presses
* HP Graphics Solutions Partner technologies, including in-line UV coating and finishing systems for the HP Indigo 7500, an Advanced Function Presentation (AFP) data stream tool for HP Indigo presses and GMG ColorServer color management software for HP Scitex wide-format printers.
"Dscoop members have created one of the industry's best learning environments, as demonstrated by the record number of registrations for this year's Dscoop conference," said Mark Sarpa, president of HP Indigo customer Progressive Solutions and Dscoop6's conference chairman. "This year's event is invaluable as a forum where HP, customers and other industry partners can connect and develop new, positive business strategies."
In addition to the new offerings, the Dscoop Solutions Center includes some of HP's best-selling graphic arts solutions, including HP Indigo 7500, WS6000 and W7200 digital presses, HP Designjet Latex Ink large-format printers, HP Designjet Z series printers, the HP Scitex TJ8600 UV-ink large-format printer and HP Exstream customer communications management software.
HP's Solutions Center exhibit also includes highlights and updates on HP Inkjet Web Press systems that are transforming industry best practices for high-volume direct mail, transpromotional and publishing applications. In 2010, HP inkjet web presses produced 1.46 billion letter-size pages, printing for some of the world's leading book manufacturing, print fulfillment and commercial printing businesses.
HP has installed more than 20 presses with additional installations in progress, setting new record levels for productivity and exceeding customers' expectations for quality and reliability.