The KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Platform was once again a judges’ favorite at the International Association of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHC) Gallery of Superb Printing awards—winning eight awards for a diverse range of innovative applications. Features of the unique, award-winning KODAK NEXPRESS Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions and applications include dimensional, red fluorescing and gloss printing—helping commercial print providers deliver greater value to their customers, while also setting themselves apart from their competition.
The Gallery of Superb Printing, presented by IAPHC, honored the KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Platform with four Gold, three Silver and one Bronze award. The IAPHC awards celebrate outstanding achievement in the art and science of printing and related graphic arts, and are recognized globally as one of the graphic arts industry’s highest honors.
The eight awards KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Platform earned in the 36th International Gallery include:
* Gold Award – Touch/Touchless – Self-mailer with KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
* Gold Award – Admission golf tickets printed with KODAK NEXPRESS Red Fluorescing Dry Ink for security feature
* Gold Award – Photobook Cover on Canvas with Clear Dry Ink Overcoat
* Gold Award – Alta Vista Direct Mail Postcard with Spot Gloss
* Silver Award – KODAK NEXPRESS Red Fluorescing Dry Ink – Data Sheet
* Silver Award – Kreag’s Direct Mail Postcard with Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
* Silver Award – Winwoode Counter Card with Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
* Bronze Award – Winwoode Point of Purchase on Cling Stock
“These winning IAPHC award entries are a testament to the outstanding quality and variety of applications that can be produced on the NEXPRESS Printing System,” said Chuck Hura, Worldwide Product Manager, Digital Printing Solutions, Kodak. “Kodak delivers innovative digital solutions that help our customers grow their business, and we are honored to be recognized by such a prestigious organization.”
Entries are judged by several panels of international printing experts. Judges evaluate quality and difficulty of the graphic arts processes used, ranging from ink coverage, intensity of solids, registration, dot structure, paper usage, binding, finishing, degree of difficulty, overall visual appearance and effective communication. Entries must pass three rounds of judging to be eligible for the Best of the Best awards, awarded in 2011.
The IAPHC is an international organization dedicated to individuals in the printing and graphic arts industry. The IAPHC’s pledge is to educate, promote, inform, and connect members and the global graphic community, fostering their growth and success.