The Graphic Arts Education and Research Foundation (GAERF) has announced the launch of graphicCOMMcentral.org, a website that provides a direct connection to an extensive network of resources and information about today's graphic communications industry.
"Ours is a fast-paced and highly competitive industry operating in a state of flux, presenting daunting challenges for those interested in keeping abreast of the many changes occurring with light-speed movement. The graphicCOMMcentral.org website provides a unique portal for industry professionals, educators, students, and all those interested in the graphic communications industry to stay informed," said Raymond J. Prince, NAPL Vice President-Technical Consulting Group, the individual responsible for spearheading the project.
The website is divided into eight distinct sections chaired by industry professionals who will ensure that graphicCOMMcentral.org offers rich content. Visitors will also discover direct access to the latest industry information and trends, a free job board, interactive social networking, and streaming media.
Section chairmen include:
• Ronnie H. Davis, Ph.D., Vice President and Chief Economist, Printing Industries of America
• Paul Foster, Vice President, Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic
• Gary A. Jones, Assistant Vice President, Environmental Health and Safety Affairs, Printing Industries of America
• James Kyger, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, Printing Industries of America
• Andy Plata, CEO, OutputLinks, MPSConnect, and Graphic Communications World
• Jerry J. Waite, Professor, University of Houston
• Larry Warter, CEO, Warter Colors
• Daniel G. Wilson, Professor, Illinois State University
"This website serves as a portal to cutting-edge information about industry markets and trends, technology updates, education and career opportunities, breaking industry news, and more," said GAERF President Ralph Nappi. "Online visitors will experience a vibrant, continuously updated, and comprehensive view of the graphic communications industry, making return visits to graphicCOMMcentral.org always interesting and informative."
"The redesigned graphicCOMMcentral.org website creates a new home in cyberspace for a wide range of resources specific to the graphic communications industry," said Eileen Cassidy, GAERF Director. "With a totally fresh appearance and format, this web portal provides 'one-stop shopping' for a broad audience."