InfoPrint Solutions, a Ricoh company, today announced new additions to its InfoPrint 4100 Advanced Function Printing (AFP) system that increase productivity and improve quality in digital publishing and transactional print environments. The new models, available in simplex and duplex, enable businesses to take advantage of a broader array of market-leading capabilities that lower production print costs while allowing a more speedy response to evolving customer requirements such as Precision Marketing and short-run book printing applications.
The InfoPrint 4100 AFP, already a stable, proven electrophotographic (EP), continuous forms platform, is one of the fastest EP printers available today. This system helps companies increase production output with fewer devices and less operator time and produces images, graphics and text on many types of media at a quality level traditionally only available from cutsheet solutions. Regardless of the application, the printer's high quality gives companies a competitive advantage, and further reduces operational costs with the flexibility of integrated pinfed or pinless printing.
"We continue to improve upon our portfolio of high end production solutions -- from monochrome to color -- to provide the market with the most effective and productive print solutions that deliver exceptional output quality. This is what our customers expect from InfoPrint Solutions," said George Promis, vice president of Continuous Forms Production Solutions & Technology Alliances, InfoPrint Solutions. "The new InfoPrint 4100 models empower organizations to meet their operating objectives while saving time and money but maintaining top notch print quality."
Featured highlights for the latest InfoPrint 4100 models include:
- Excellent print quality and media flexibility at ultra-high speeds with newly-formulated enhanced toner, and improved toner loading
- Increased productivity with high speeds -- up to 330 linear ft/100.6 m per minute (1,440 2-up duplex letter impressions or 1,354 2-up A4 duplex impressions)
- Industry-leading 600 dpi image quality that is suitable for all applications, including Precision Marketing, book printing and direct mail
- High performance with the InfoPrint controller, which delivers parallel multi-RIP processing and color emulation
- Intelligent halftone switching to automatically select different halftone for each page component to achieve optimum print quality
- Innovative 256-level grayscale simulation of color objects using InfoPrint Solutions' patented technologies that enables future color migration without changing applications and incurring expensive programming costs
- Improved pinless operation support for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) printing
- Ability to gather operator, printer and job statistics with InfoPrint Productivity Tracker software, to drive increased utilization and lower costs
- Universal Forms Control sensor to facilitate forms alignment
- Ability to print true, 3-up pages with the extra-wide format (19.5" paper width, up to 19" print width), which can lower costs of printing
- Speed switch supports media that ranges from 60 gsm to 200 gsm
The new InfoPrint 4100 is available in both simplex (TS3) and duplex models (TD5/6).
For more on the enhanced InfoPrint 4100 images, please visit: http://infoprint.com/internet/ipww.nsf/vwWebPublished/printpd_infoprint-4100_en