The Graphic Arts Education and Research Foundation (GAERF) has announced the launch of a new free job posting service on www.graphicCOMMcentral.org, an innovative website that provides a direct connection to an extensive network of resources and information for and about today's graphic communications industry.
This unique, no-cost website feature provides job seekers with a place to post their resumes and search for industry-related employment opportunities. Employers who post to the www.graphicCOMMcentral.org Job Board are given a secure login that allows them to post, edit and delete positions at any time, as well as accept resumes and applications from candidates who apply via the site. Employers can also see the number of times their posting has been viewed. Job postings remain on the site for up to six months or until the job is filled.
"This is a fast-paced and highly competitive industry operating in a state of flux, presenting daunting challenges for employers to find skilled and qualified workers. The www.graphicCOMMcentral.org's Job Board serves both job-seekers and employers, and is a useful tool in addressing the employment issues that this industry faces," comments Raymond J. Prince, NAPL Vice President - Technical Consulting Group, the individual responsible for spearheading this initiative.
In addition to the Job Board, the site provides eight distinct sections each chaired by industry professionals who will ensure www.graphicCOMMcentral.org offers rich content, direct access to the latest industry information and trends, interactive social networking, and streaming media.
Section chairmen include:
- Ronnie H. Davis, Ph.D., Vice President and Chief Economist, Printing Industries of America
- Paul Foster, Vice President, Printing & Graphics Association Mid-Atlantic
- Gary A. Jones, Director, Environmental Health and Safety Affairs, Printing Industries of America
- James Kyger, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, Printing Industries of America
- Andy and Julie Plata, CEOs, Greensheet, GCWorldBiz, Output Links, MPSConnect, and CMOConnects.
- Jerry J. Waite, Ed.D., Professor, University of Houston
- Larry Warter, CEO, Warter Colors
- Daniel G. Wilson, D.I.T., Professor, Illinois State University