Graphic communications professionals will find not only the latest cutting-edge technologies but also a host of customized educational opportunities this fall when they attend GRAPH EXPO 2011. The year’s largest graphic communications exhibition in the Americas includes an extensive seminar program that addresses issues of interest for professionals at all levels of the graphic communications firm. GRAPH EXPO 2011 will be held September 11 – 14, 2011, in Chicago’s McCormick Place South. The learning opportunities will kick-off with the popular the pre-show EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK conference on Saturday, September 10 and continue the seminar sessions from Sunday, September 11 through Tuesday, September 13.
Led by professionals who are experts in their field, GRAPH EXPO’s educational conference will feature more than 50 seminars covering today’s most critical industry issues. The sessions span 11 diverse market segments across the entire spectrum of the graphic communications industry, and provide the latest forecasts, trends and in-depth information on key technologies, and essential business strategies that will allow attendees to capitalize on the best profit-making opportunities in their markets. Sessions will be offered in a variety of formats, from hands-on workshops that emphasize skills development to in-depth panel sessions and technology/trends overviews. And, to ensure a learning experience that is tailored specifically for each attendee’s individual needs, the seminar program features educational offerings for a wide array of subject categories. They include: Cloud Computing; Color Management; Design/Creative; Digital Media; Digital Presses; E-Books and Related Media; Entrepreneurship; Executive; Graphic Applications; Interactive Media; Lean Management and Manufacturing; Mailing and Fulfillment; Management; Mergers, Joint Ventures, and Acquisitions; Non-print Digital Imaging; Packaging; Pre-Media; Printable Electronics; Print Buying; Production; Proofing; Sales and Marketing; Social Networking; Sustainability; Transactional; Trends and Opportunities; Workflow; and, Web-to-Print.
“Be they industry newcomers or long-time veterans, top management or production floor personnel, GRAPH EXPO’s educational conference delivers to attendees a customized educational experience,” said Ralph Nappi, President of the Graphic Arts Show Company. “Attendees will come away from every seminar having learned actionable tips and techniques that they can implement in their operations to maximize productivity and profits.”
Highlights of the seminars being offered at GRAPH EXPO 2011 include:
- “New Business Opportunities for Printers,” which covers 10 specific areas where printers can, and will, make money
- “Technology Revolution: The Quickening Pace of Change,” a primer on the latest technologies driving graphic communications today—from QR codes to data analytics to augmented reality—and how printers can use them to their advantage
- “Digital Printing for Packaging: Ready or Not!” which explores how digital printing is impacting package printing
- “Troubleshooting Techniques for Sheetfed Lithographic Presses,” a problem-solving session that will pinpoint the most effective techniques for troubleshooting offset press-related problems
- “The State of Our Industry 2011,” which examines what we can expect from the economy and our industry through 2015, and how some companies will maintain their industry leadership—and others won’t
- “E-Books and Digital Editions: Premedia Techniques for Adobe CS5,” a fast-paced lab session that will illustrate the concepts and methods to turn static, two-dimensional print projects into e-publications for multiple communications channels
- And much, much more!