SGIA is now accepting entries for the 2011 Product of the Year Competition, which honors the best digital equipment and supplies in the specialty imaging marketplace. SGIA member Expo exhibitors should enter now before the October 7, 2011 deadline to gain industry-wide recognition.
"We are honored to receive this award, which highlights our commitment to produce innovative products that advance the digital graphics industry," said 2010 award winner Dave Conrad, Neschen Americas. "We continue to work with our partners and the market to develop new products that help our customers enhance, display and protect their graphics in changing environments."
Each entry must be currently available during 2011 and will be judged based on its perceived value to the digital imaging community by a select group of experts. Awards will be honored within these major categories:
Media for digital inkjet (seven sub-categories)
- Paper Based — bond, photo, synthetic, etc.
- Vinyl — banner, mesh, non-woven, textured, etc.
- Vinyl — fleet and pressure sensitive
- Non-PVC — non PVC based, includes non-woven, eco-responsible and plant based.
- Film — static cling, white, clear, specialty, etc.
- Textile — natural and synthetic woven
- Rigid — paper, plastic, metal, etc.
Finishing (three sub-categories)
- Display Exhibit Hardware — framing systems, display systems and hardware, structures, etc.
- Laminates, adhesives and films
- Equipment — laminators, routers, cutters, saws, seaming equipment, grommeting, sewing, etc.
Output Device Test Print Shootout — entrants are required to print and submit a test image created by the Association.
Entries will be evaluated and judged by industry leaders and awards will be presented on Wednesday, October 19 during the SGIA Expo in New Orleans.