Building on its established base of modular screen printing and finishing solutions, SMAG Graphique will be presenting a range of new systems, running live, on its stand (7K10) at Labelexpo Europe, 28 September - 1 October, Brussels Expo, Belgium.
The highlight of SMAG's 280m2 stand will be the new high-speed semi-rotary flatbed screen printing station that operates at speeds up to 30m/min. With a maximum print width of 340mm and a 340mm repeat length, the print station will be operating mono-colour on a Digital Galaxie, in conjunction with a semi-rotary flexo station and a semi-rotary die cutting station.
The use of a flatbed screen offers a number of advantages to label converters producing short runs. Flatbed screens can be prepared in-house, more quickly and much less expensively than rotary screens which are usually prepared by outside suppliers. Flatbed screen printing also offers greater ink density, opacity and higher definition images than rotary screens. Also, more special effects are possible with flatbed screens, giving label converters producing short to medium runs several competitive advantages in addition to improved cost-effectiveness.
Other production benefits include the ability to extend run lengths, turn around more jobs, and attract more business from existing customers as well new ones.
"This high-speed flatbed screen printer enables label converters to deliver the advantages of screen printing including opacity, chemical resistance, and tactile effects more easily and cost-effectively than ever before," said Stéphane Rateau, general manager, SMAG Graphique. "Visitors to our stand at Labelexpo will be able to see this printer in action, along with our full range of products for label converters."
With solutions for flexo, offset and digital label converters, SMAG Graphique's finishing lines can be configured to meet the needs of modern label converters to enable them to offer customers value-added features for their labels while having the benefits of efficient operation and sound engineering themselves.
Broadened finishing / converting program for digital label printing
New on the SMAG Graphique stand will be the I-CUT 330, part of the entry-level finishing and converting series for digital label converters. The I-CUT 330 (330mm) offers speeds up to 40m/min. The new unit complements the established I-CUT 250 (250mm is a more compact model delivering speeds up to 15m/min). Both models offer a simple, reliable solution for those moving into digital label production.
Also new is the Foil Saver, designed to save foil - and costs - by electronically calculating the pulling length of the foil used by the SMAG flatbed foil press.
The SMAG Graphique stand presents a broad selection of SMAG's equipment for conventional and digital label converters. SMAG's semi-rotary technology allows a higher level of sophistication to be achieved in the production of short and medium run labels.
Digital solutions on display include:
· SMAG Digital Galaxie comprising unwinder, semi-rotary flexo station, the new high-speed screen printer, and AVT Helios 100% inspection systems, semi-rotary die cutting, slitting and dual rewinding unit.
· SMAG Digital Galaxie with unwinder, semi-rotary flexo station, flatbed screen printing station 450mm Stroke X2, semi-rotary foil station, semi-rotary die-cutting and dual rewinding unit.
· SMAG I-CUT 330 with flexo unit.
Conventional solutions on show include:
· SMAG Galaxie Classic with unwinder, three flatbed screen units, flatbed hot foil press with the new Foil Saver, semi-rotary die-cutting, slitting and semi-automatic turret rewinding unit.
· SMAG Comet Venus comprising unwinder, two full rotary die-cutting units, inline inspection with sensors, slitting and semi-automatic turret rewinder.
· SMAG C4R+ slitter rewinder inspection system (350mm) with a BST International 100% video inspection system.
· SMAG automatic gearless fan-folder with unwinder.