The Graphic Arts Show Co. has partnered with Mogo Media, a producer of training events and conferences for the design community, to provide an educational conference during GRAPH EXPO 2011 specifically for creative professionals interested in electronic publishing. The ePublishing Conference scheduled for September 13-14, 2011 will be held during GRAPH EXPO 2011, the year's premier graphic communications exhibition and educational conference, which will take place September 11-14, 2011, in Chicago's McCormick Place.
Featuring three tracks-digital magazines; e-books, newspapers and HTML; and interactive and print-on-demand PDFs-the two-day ePublishing Conference is dedicated solely to electronic publishing issues. Sessions address all the questions that graphic communications professionals might have on electronic publishing, including what's new with online publishing, where it is slated to go in the future, how printers can make money with it, and what challenges creative professionals will face going forward.
"We're excited to be at GRAPH EXPO 2011 with the ePublishing Conference, as our bread and butter over the years has been the traditional print publishing community," said Barry Anderson, president and owner of Mogo Media. "E-publishing is one of the big growth areas in the industry, but a lot of people don't know how to do it. This conference will help with that transition; attendees will be able to see what book and magazine publishers are doing with electronic publishing. The conference is a great place for all these people to gather and talk and share resources."
Highlights of the conference will include:
* A keynote session on the state of digital publishing, with commentary on everything from providing on-demand print files rich in layout to searchable, swipeable, video-enabled documents that work across multiple devices
* An overview of the different approaches to digital magazine publishing
* How to create dynamically generated PDFs from your website
* Creating a digital magazine for today's tablet devices
* Step-by-step how-to on incorporating interactivity to PDF files, including Flash movies and video, and
* Instruction on how to create your own e-publication, complete with animation and video.
"In the past few years, multimedia has taken on a greater role in the graphic communications service provider's repertoire, and with the popularity of tablet devices, clearly e-publishing is only going to continue to grow," said Ralph Nappi, President of the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC). "Mogo Media brings a lot of expertise to the graphic design and e-publishing arena, and hosting this conference in conjunction with them allows us to bring valuable instruction on an area that is still very new to many graphic communications professionals."
Interested Gaph Expo attendees can register for a one- or two-day pass to the ePublishing Conference which includes:
* Admission to all sessions for the day (or for both days, depending on the pass)
* Online access to recordings of all the sessions
* A one-month, all-access subscription to Lynda.com, a website that offers online software training videos for Adobe, Apple, Microsoft and more (a $25 value), plus
* Entry for door prizes and giveaways.