Toyo Ink America, LLC, a member of the Toyo Ink Group, is showcasing its latest developments in packaging and printing solutions from its expanded product line at booth #5636 during Pack Expo 2011, September 26 – 28, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Built around the theme “History. Technology. Innovation.” Toyo Ink will underscore its longevity and expertise in developing products that outperform the competition in all packaging and print categories. Printers in the flexible packaging, folding carton, bag, foil and label printing markets who are looking to add value and services while enjoying a great return on their invesent can learn more about the company’s powerful, performance-driven products.
At Pack Expo, Toyo Ink will emphasize performance benefits from its portfolio of more than 20 flexographic, gravure and offset inks, including the latest formulations for printing on film and paper substrates applications. In addition, Toyo’s comprehensive lineup of adhesives, inkjet, plastic colorants and other packaging related materials will be featured at the show. Some product highlights, to name a few, include:
- Water-based surface film inks such as Polytech, a high-pigment-load ink formulated exclusively for clean-running applications on high-density polyethylene substrates. Polytech is a popular choice for producing strong glossy images on HDPE garment and T-shirt bags. Polychip PC3 for low-density polyethylene substrates and the low-VOC Versafilm are also featured items in this line.
- Toyo’s water-based lamination ink, Densiflex 9, another popular choice for superb color strength, high printing speeds and good adhesion to a wide range of film substrates. It prints on PET, polypropylene, LDPE and other films without a cross-linker or additives.
- In the solvent-based surface film ink lineup, Toyo’s Starflex and Proshine excel at high-speed printing of polyolefin substrates. Characterized by medium heat resistance Proshine—a nitrocellulose-based blendable ink—enables fine process printing and clean running of fine type and screen applications.
- Bondwiser, a solvent-based lamination ink, ensures clean flexographic printing, good adhesion on multiple film types and extremely low solvent retention and odor. It works well with water-based, solvent-based and especially solvent-less adhesives. Its nitrocellulose base delivers high color strength.
- Toyo offers a wide array of water-based paper inks. AquaPrime easily handles the requirements of folding carton, kraft, envelopes and many non-porous films as well as paper substrates used in narrow-web and wide-web printing. Econotech, designed for 300-line anilox rolls, performs extremely well for fine-line printing on kraft, SBS, recycled board and coated envelope substrates. Made from heat-resistant resins Dynatech is formulated for doctor-bladed high-line/low-volume anilox rolls.
“Whatever the job requirement, whether it be film, paper, energy-curable, water-, oil- or solvent-based printing, Toyo Ink has the printing technology know-how to fulfill customer’s requirements,” said John Copeland, president and COO of Toyo Ink America, LLC. “What’s more, we’ve recently relocated our headquarters to a 109,000-sq.-ft. facility in Wood Dale, IL, nearly double the size of our previous work space. The relocation provides us with the resources necessary to respond to our increasing customer base in the Americas and immediate need to bring customized packaging and printing solutions to the global marketplace."