Mohawk Fine Papers Inc. is working with charity: water to bring clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
“Almost one billion people on our planet don’t have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s one in eight of us,” said Tom O’Connor, Jr., chairman and CEO of Mohawk. “charity: water is taking giant strides every day to lower this number and Mohawk’s efforts will help move them further towards accomplishing this goal.”
This is the first time that all of Mohawk’s business units are concentrating their efforts to raise awareness and funds for the same non-profit organization.
• PinholePress.com, an online boutique for personalized photo gifts, has launched a new line of limited-edition photo gifts designed around charity: water’s signature yellow Jerry can. These include exclusive photo books, photo pads, desk calendars and personal stationery. A significant portion of the proceeds for these items will go directly to charity: water. You can view a breakout of the donations generated from each product here: http://pinholepress.com/#/all-products/charity-water
• FeltandWireShop.com, a curated marketplace of designer papergoods, will also offer an exclusive line of charity: water products starting July 25th.
• MohawkPaperStore.com will provide customers with an option to donate $5, $10, $15 or $20 to charity: water at checkout.
• Robust employee fundraising efforts called “A Drop in the Bucket” will begin at all of Mohawk’s corporate and manufacturing facilities in July and the company will make a dollar for dollar matching donation at the end of the drive.
• 100% of all donations to charity: water will go directly to funding water projects in the field. To simplify the donations process and to receive a direct tax receipt from the organization, general cash donations from anyone can also be made at a Mohawk-specific page on the charity: water site http://www.mycharitywater.org/mohawkfinepapers.
"Mohawk has been a long-time supporter of charity: water and we're excited to expand this partnership into a multi-tiered fundraising campaign across the various Mohawk offerings. One of the most important tasks at charity: water is to maintain a strong, design-driven brand that elevates the importance of our mission. Mohawk understands the impact of compelling design to inspire their customers to engage and give back," said Viktoria Harrison, creative director for charity: water.
Mohawk is North America's largest privately owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes for commercial and digital printing. Signature brands include Mohawk Superfine, Strathmore, Inxwell, and proprietary i-Tone for HP Indigo. Mohawk papers are chosen for commercial printing, photo specialties and high-end direct mail. Products and samples are available through leading paper distributors and at mohawkpaperstore.com.
The company is leveraging connections in the digital, design and photo space to develop new tech offerings: Pinhole Pro, a software solution for professional photographers and labs; Pinhole Press is a new consumer-facing photo brand; Felt & Wire Shop is an on-line marketplace for social stationery, posters, and prints.
This third-generation, family-owned business and certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise is constantly renewing its commitment to environmental stewardship. As the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100% of its electricity with windpower renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production, its portfolio of recycled papers certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council’s (FSC) standards, continues to grow along with the rest of the company.