Xanté, a major provider of professional digital print solutions, has introduced the Excelagraphix 4200 powered by Memjet, a global provider of high-speed color printing technologies. Xanté will demonstrate the current version of the Excelagraphix 4200 in booth #5033 at Graph Expo, McCormick Place South, Sept. 11-14.
Frank Romano, RIT Professor Emeritus, says that "Xanté has long been a pioneer in bringing new printing technology to all graphic arts businesses, big and small. From image- and platesetting, to laser printers, they have provided cost-efficient alternatives. Now they enter the wide format world.
"Xanté has proven itself capable of filling technology gaps that were cost-prohibitive for other manufacturers to fill," Romano says. "Robert Ross and his team consistently fill those gaps with amazingly progressive and yet inexpensive systems. As a result, many hundreds of shops and in-plants are able to produce commercial quality work and compete in their markets.
"Merging the high-tech inkjet of industry innovator Memjet with Xanté's extraordinary skill at productizing sophisticated innovations into "everyman" solutions gives us, in the Excelagraphix 4200, a glimpse of printing's viable future."
The Excelagraphix 4200: the first 42" wide commercial solution powered by Memjet
The Excelagraphix 4200 changes everything the market knows about high speed wide format printing because it prints high impact, full color, large format pieces on a wide range of substrates at "screaming fast" speeds, and at a price point that's affordable for a fast ROI. The product is the first commercial solution in the world specifically powered by Memjet wide format color printing components and technologies.
The Xanté Excelagraphix 4200 is a 42-inch wide inkjet printing system that also brings this unrivaled speed, performance and affordability for short-run and variable data color printing to packaging, including folding carton and corrugated cardboard.
Xanté's exclusive substrate support gives customers the ability to print indoor signage and design graphics through a simple print path height adjustment on the Excelagraphix 4200.
"In the case of our partnership with Memjet," Ross says, "we're utilizing two particular Xanté technologies: iQueue Color Smart Worfklow, and our unique handling of diverse substrates, to create what will likely be the fastest and, in terms of lower capital and operational costs, most efficient ways to print color."
The Excelagraphix 4200:
* Incorporates revolutionary Memjet Waterfall Printhead Technology for state-of-the-art production printing paired with Xanté reliability, support and cost-effectiveness.
* Delivers more than 3 billion drops of ink per second yielding print speeds up to 8 times faster than traditional inkjet technology to deliver high overall throughput, and the ability to handle high volume with fast turnaround times.
* Employs 2L or 10L CMYKK inks for cost-effective operation and consumables cost while ensuring strikingly vibrant color reproduction.
* Prints on a wide range of media including foam board, corrugated cardboard and sheet sizes from 8.27" x 8.27" up to 42" x 100' for the ultimate in versatility.
* Prints over-sized architectural / engineering documents, maps, indoor signage, P-O-P displays, packaging, folding carton, corrugated boxes, newspapers, and much more for the flexibility to handle any job that comes into your shop and the ability to offer new products to existing and new customers.
* Runs variable data/personalization of individual pieces at full speed for efficient production of high impact-high response rate customized materials.
The Industry Takes Note
"Xanté congratulates Memjet as it today marks the official launch of the first 42-inch wide commercial solution based on Memjet's wide format technology," says Robert Ross, Xanté CEO. "The industry has been watching to see what Memjet would do, and Xanté is honored to be part of an event that is breaking ground and has the capacity to significantly alter the production landscape for the better, and for the long term."
Memjet Wide Format president Mike Puyot echoes Ross' sentiments regarding the significance of the agreement. "This partnership combines the best of both worlds," Puyot says. "As soon as they saw what they had to work with, both Memjet and Xanté engineers got excited about the exponential value of the pairing. The Xanté Excelagraphix 4200 is just the tip of the iceberg in what we'll start seeing in affordable, high speed color solutions. Memjet color printing technologies offer end-users the freedom to print exactly what they want, when they want it, and where they want it; directly on manufacturing floors."
Memjet this year has announced OEM partnerships with Lenovo and LG Electronics, among others. Memjet's technologies are also the recipient of the 2011 InterTech Technology Award from the Printing Industries of America.