BioCure F is introduced globally in response to market demands for an ink system developed with bio-renewable raw materials that also maintain key properties available in other state-of-the-art UV Flexo ink systems.
“We have been asked by leading converters, who in turn have been asked by consumer product companies, to develop a UV Flexo ink that rivals robust UV Flexo technology but that is also developed with bio-renewable materials” says Tom Hammer, Product Manager Flint Group Narrow Web. “We feel that BioCure F shows Flint Group’s ongoing commitment to develop greener, more sustainable products to help support the market’s environmental requirements.”
BioCure F has been thoroughly tested at multiple customer sites with very positive feedback, including – “adhesion is great on all colours on various recycled films,” and “press performance and stability is excellent.”
BioCure F is a UV flexo ink system with excellent print and press performance. It offers benefits such as:
- Excellent viscosity provides very good run ability and overall ease of use = high productivity
- High color strength leads to low ink usage: very good release/transfer = cost savings
- Consistent density leads to high productivity with consistent high print quality = reduction in waste and increase in press uptime.
- Excellent adhesion to multiple substrates allows printers to use the same ink for a UV synthetic application and a paper label application = reduced ink inventory.
- Low foaming and minimal plate swell allows for extended print runs = increased uptime.
- Formulated with bio-renewable materials provides printers with a sustainable solution = an environmentally friendly ink
BioCure F is available in the four-color process set and Pantone shades to enable a fully sustainable print for any graphic design.
Jennifer Joyce, Global Product Director, Flint Group states, “BioCure F is the next generation in UV Flexo technology for Flint Group. Technical performance is excellent with the added benefit of the renewable resin technology. As a global responsible supplier we have full awareness of local regulations and are proud to provide a fully approved sustainable ink solution to our valued customers around the world.”
Flint Group is dedicated to serving the global printing and packaging industry. The company develops, manufactures and markets an extensive portfolio of printing consumables, including: a vast range of conventional and energy curable inks and coatings for most offset, flexographic and gravure applications; pressroom chemicals, printing blankets and sleeves for offset printing; photopolymer printing plates and sleeves, plate-making equipment and flexographic sleeve systems; pigments and additives for use in inks and other colourant applications. With a strong customer focus, unmatched service and support, and superior products, Flint Group strives to provide exceptional value, consistent quality and continuous innovation to customers around the world. Headquartered in Luxembourg, Flint Group employs some 7300 people. Revenues for 2010 were € 2.2 billion (US $2.9 billion). On a worldwide basis, the company is the number one or number two supplier in every major market segment it serves.