QuarkXPress can now customers using any version of QuarkXPress can upgrade to QuarkXPress 9 for $299. From now until December 31, 2011, all current and prior users on QuarkXPress versions 3 through 6 can upgrade to the newest version of QuarkXPress for the standard upgrade price, which is typically applied to upgrades from versions 7 and 8.
QuarkXPress 9 advances the way designers work by adding new functionality that increases productivity and that enables the creation of content that can be published to digital devices. Now with QuarkXPress 9 designers can, without programming code, create and publish to iPad apps, as well as create content for e-readers, smartphones, and other tablets. To work faster and smarter, designers can now also call on features that automate design processes that are typically manual and time-consuming. For example:
- Conditional Styles allows designers to automate specific style elements that occur throughout a project.
- Bullets, Numbers, and Outlines allow designers to create ordered and un-ordered lists that are preserved and editable in QuarkXPress.
- Callouts allow designers to determine how boxes and groups should automatically track with content in a layout based on their position relative to the page, spread, text box, paragraph, or character.
- Story Editor provides designers a word-processor-like view within QuarkXPress that allows for easy reading and reviewing, which is especially helpful when text within a layout is difficult to read or spans multiple pages.
- ShapeMaker allows designers to easily create or modify hard-to-draw shapes such as waves, polygons, stars, and spirals, as well as create unique corner effects.
To learn more about these features and for a complete list of new features in QuarkXPress 9 visit http://www.quark.com/Products/QuarkXPress/.
“We know there are QuarkXPress enthusiasts that are still working with older versions and we’d like to ease their transition to QuarkXPress 9 by offering a special offer on the cost of an upgrade,” said Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing for Quark. “If you’re using an older version of QuarkXPress, the new features added in recent years are going to transform your design experience and capabilities as well as enable you to go beyond print to Web, Flash and now eBook and iPad design.”
How to Upgrade
To take advantage of the special offer, users must have a valid, registered, and activated serial number for any version of QuarkXPress. Upgrades can be purchased through Quark Authorized Resellers, the Quark Store, and Quark Customer Service. Visit http://www.quark.com/promotion to upgrade and for further information.
Missing Serial Number?
Customers that are unable to locate their previous QuarkXPress serial number may still have the opportunity to upgrade their licenses. In these cases, customers can provide proof of purchase or complete an online “missing serial number” form here: http://www.quark.com/promotion.
About App Studio
Launched in September 2011, App Studio is the solution for publishing to the iPad that is most accessible to designers, media, and corporate publishers. Together with QuarkXPress 9, App Studio enables designers to create branded apps for the iPad, distribute apps through the Apple App Store, and design and publish content that can be purchased from within the apps.
For a full overview of App Studio, including in-depth training material, please visit: http://www.quark.com/AppStudio/.
Become an iPad Publishing Expert
In October Quark is hosting App Studio Boot Camps in London and Denver. In each one-day event attendees will learn how to create, design, and publish apps to the App Store, as well as how to publish enriched, immersive content to those apps. Quark’s own experts and special industry guests will guide attendees through the process and offer insight into iPad and tablet publishing. For more about the event in Denver, please visit: http://publish.quark.com/content/AppStudioBootCamp and for the London event, please visit: http://www.macworld.co.uk/events/appcreatesessions/.