The Print Council has recently launched its new Resource Center, bringing together in one place available studies, campaigns, and information from a variety of organizations and companies on the effectiveness of print and sustainability of paper. All items are educational in nature and openly available via the Internet or in printed documents.
The goal of this Center is to increase awareness of the campaigns and materials in the hope that they will inspire both media/marketing specialists and print providers to turn that awareness into action.
The Effectiveness pages include strategies, data, research, and case studies that are important in today’s effective marketing campaigns. Included are:
- “Deliver Magazine” published by the U.S. Postal Service with a subscriber base of approximately 300,000.
- NewPage Paper’s “Ed: Paper, Printing, Design, Knowledge: Getting Personal.”
- 1-1 Xerox Lab, a collection of personalized marketing case studies covering different industry segments.
- Appleton Coated’s “ROI” survey findings conducted by Yankelovich.
- ChoosePrint.org, PIA of Southern California’s educational campaign promoting the value of print, including YouTube videos from the DMA and others.
- Print in the Mix, a university-based clearinghouse of research on print media effectiveness.
- Direct Marketing IQ, a web source from Target Marketing Group for marketing research, includes special reports, books, and a library of direct mail and promotional emails.
The Sustainability pages include campaigns that explain the many reasons why print is a responsible communications medium, such as its responsible products, renewable energy sources, increased recycling rates, improved design and delivery methods. Included are:
- International Paper’s “Down to Earth” series of brochures and “Go Paper Grow Trees” website that promotes better understanding of how choosing paper helps protect the forestlands.
- “Print Grows Trees,” the educational campaign developed by Printing & Graphics Association of MidAtlantic’s Educational Fund.
- “The eQ Tool,” Sappi Paper’s online tool covering seven topics pertaining to responsible paper choices.
- “Better Practices, Better Planet 2010,” the five AF&PA sustainability goals for the forest produce industry.