Arnold Printing has purchased a six-color HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press to meet client needs for high-response, personalized print collateral.
The Cincinnati-based print service provider (PSP) previously operated an HP Indigo press 5000 and is known for its high-quality digital printing capabilities. Faced with growing demand for digital print among Fortune 500 firms and other key businesses it serves, company co-owners Duff Arnold and Tim Arnold decided to add an HP Indigo 7500 to achieve higher productivity.
"Our new press offers the excellent quality associated with HP Indigo, but it is 80 percent faster than our previous model," said Tim Arnold. "The HP Indigo 7500's faster throughput lowers the cost for high-quality, variable-data color printing to a point where more of our clients can use it in their marketing collateral and direct mail."
The new HP digital press brings a number of other advantages, including:
- the ability to meet clients' corporate-color needs using true PANTONE-licensed spot-color inks and an Ink Mixing Kit installed with the press;
- an expanded range of digital printing applications, including greeting cards and folding carton packaging, using the press's optional thick substrate (up to 18 pt.) kit; and
- greater design and substrate capabilities using the press's white ink option, a feature that allows PSPs to print full-color images on colored, transparent and metallized substrates.
"The wider range of substrates we can run on this press with the white ink and thick substrate options is a real differentiator, because it is something most other digital print solutions can't offer," said Arnold.
Aside from being the first company in the Cincinnati area to install an HP Indigo 7500, Arnold Printing is one of the first in the nation to install the new HP SmartStream Production Pro IN 100T Print Server. The IN 100T – a digital front end data processor for the press – offers the same power as its predecessor, but comes in a smaller, tower configuration instead of a full-rack server.
HP Capture: Building marketing momentum for progressive PSPs
The 100-year-old PSP also is taking advantage of HP Capture business development services available to HP's graphic arts industry customers. A pre-sale job costing analysis using HP Smart Planner software helped the company target which jobs are more profitable to produce using digital instead of analog printing.
High-end productivity means greater value for digital color printing
Featuring automated diagnostic and maintenance capabilities to increase press uptime and page production, the HP Indigo 7500 offers:
- greater flexibility and higher image quality than other digital presses;
- true offset- and photo-quality imaging at speeds up to 120 four-color, letter-size pages per minute;
- Intelligent Automation features for high productivity, automated calibration and troubleshooting, and excellent color consistency; and
- the ability to profitably produce short- to medium-run length jobs as well as high-value applications, such as photo books and personalized direct mail.
Arnold Printing financed the new press using HP Financial Services, the company's leasing and life cycle asset management services subsidiary. By choosing HP Financial Services, Arnold Printing received competitive rates and flexible terms that helped preserve capital.