Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) has announced the launch of new bizhub Multifunctional Products (MFPs - print, copy, fax, and scan all in one system) and supporting solutions to complement the existing document management technologies and enable more seamless workflow efficiency for customers of all sizes. In addition, the company announces recognition from industry analysts Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI) for 2012 MFP "Line of the Year" in the A3/Ledger MFP segment for the company's award-winning bizhub MFP line and the first-ever 2012 "Document Imaging Solutions Line of the Year."
The new technologies being announced today include:
- INFO-Palette Design – Konica Minolta's new bizhub MFP control panel interface is a big, bright 9" color touch screen that makes information visible from any angle. Users have high-resolution previewing of color documents and the intuitive "touch & swipe" interface works similar to modern mobile devices. Simplified menus reduce the number of steps in every command sequence and customizable icons reflect the most used functions.
- bizhub C754/C654 – The first MFP with INFO-Palette design, the bizhub C754/C654 series promises fast output speeds of up to 60 ppm color, 75 ppm B&W (C754) and 60 ppm color, 65 ppm B&W (C654) to handle rising workloads with ease. Standard Dual Scanning, powerful finishing options and spectacular high-impact color enable an unsurpassed range of printing capabilities without compromising speed or quality.
- bizhub 42/36 – A total document solution, the bizhub 42 and 36 provide fast, high-resolution monochrome prints and copies of B&W or color originals at one of the lowest cost-per-page rates in their class. Handling paper sizes up to 8-1/2" x 11" letter and 8-1/2" x 14" legal, with auto duplexing and internal finishing options for stapling and sorting and enhanced security and environmental protection, the bizhub 42 and 36 offers overall enhanced workflow productivity.
- Pagescope Mobile Version 2.0 – The new version of PageScope Mobile offers a more secure printing environment through bizhub MFP authentication, and the ability to track and manage print volumes. New features include connectivity to Google Docs for downloading or uploading data to and from a mobile device to Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs, expanded file support and connectivity with newly introduced bizhub C754/C654 and bizhub 42/36 Series.
- SL 1000 Digital Film Scanner – A powerful and compact scanning solution developed to offer an advanced digital workflow for legacy energy-consuming analog equipment, the SL 1000 Digital Scanner is designed to meet the needs of the sophisticated experienced user and simple enough for any novice user. The SL1000 supports versatile microforms and comes standard with SL-Touch software.
- Total Konica Minolta Technology Solution - Offering a complete color solution for commercial printers, the Total Konica Minolta Technology Solution highlights the depth of Konica Minolta's suite of color solutions including: award-winning production print color PRESS devices (C8000/C7000/C6000/C6000L); a Konica Minolta developed Spectrodensitometer for measuring color accurately (FD-5); Konica Minolta's own controller (IC-601) and color management software (Color Care); and industry First G7 Certified.
Konica Minolta was also recognized today as the recipient of BLI's "2012 Document Imaging Solutions Line of the Year" award. BLI editors selected Konica Minolta for this first-ever award based on the company's exceptional solutions portfolio across the range of document imaging software categories BLI covers on its Solutions Center subscription service. The company also received BLI's 2012 "Line of the Year" in the A3/Ledger MFP segment for the second consecutive year as a result of having more A3 "Picks" than any other vendor in the current product line.
"Expanding the bizhub product line and further building on our complementary solution technology is one of the most important initiatives at Konica Minolta as we continue to address the growing needs of our customer base. The "Line of the Year" awards from BLI are further proof of our ongoing success in these key areas, particularly the first-ever solutions "Line of the Year" award," said Kevin Kern, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. "Customers of all sizes and in key vertical markets can count on Konica Minolta for the award-winning technology and document management solutions they expect. Moving into 2012, we look forward to introducing more exceptional products, solutions and services to the industry that address the evolving needs of our customers."