The Printing Association of Florida (PAF) is busily preparing for its 37th annual Graphics of the Americas Expo & Conference (GOA), being held this week on March 1 - 3, 2012 at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami Beach, FL. Non-stop show floor activities include a powerful keynote presentation by AGI's Christopher Smith; the popular Wide Format Print Shop Live area, live demonstrations, free sessions by Xerox and HP, and more.
George Ryan, GOA President, says, "This week marks the 37th year of our annual mega event. I am happy to report that this year's offerings are one for the record books. Between our expert speakers and sessions and exciting show floor demonstrations, attendees will leave the show with more useable information and insight than they could have imagined possible."
GOA 2012 is the one-stop event of the year, where attendees have the unique opportunity to meet and consult with the world's foremost experts, and see in action the latest and most popular technologies in the industry today. Just some of the free sessions and features at GOA 2012 this year include the following:
KEYNOTE EVENT - Thursday, March 1 - 9 am: Publishing 2012: What it means to be a modern publisher
Putting ink on paper is no longer enough, as customers expect to find their favorite content both in print and on their favorite devices: smart phones, tablets, and e-readers. In the Publishing 2012 keynote, publishing technology expert Christopher Smith helps attendees gain an understanding of new and emerging devices, tools, and applications that are changing the way content is consumed and delivered. In this presentation, attendees will:
- Learn about the methods and tools that are reshaping the way content is created and viewed
- Discover how to get content onto multiple platforms, including Apple, Google, and Microsoft
- Learn ways to adapt businesses to succeed as modern publishers in 2012
- Achieve a better understanding of the major forces impacting graphics, media, and publishing
SHOW FLOOR EVENTS
Wide Format Print Shop Live, sponsored by Caldera
The Teckwin TS-300 and Zund M2500 Cutter will be featured with Caldera's Print-to-cut workflow software in demonstrations of end to end workflow. Visitors will see how wide format inkjet technology can be integrated within a manufacturing environment. In addition, Caldera will be conducting free, bonus educational sessions on APPE Workflow, Print-to-cut workflow, Costview Option, and InkPerformer Option. These free sessions will take place on the Wide Format Print Shop Live stage from 11:45 am - 1:30 pm on Thursday, March 1, and Friday, March 2.
Vehicle Wrap Center, sponsored by Arlon Graphics & Mutoh
A popular Show Floor feature, the Vehicle Wrap Center features live vinyl installation demonstrations. Installers will get firsthand tips, tricks and techniques to improve their skills. Graphic arts professionals and brand owner representatives can use the area to connect with qualified installers.
Here, MUTOH and Arlon will present live vehicle wrap demonstrations. Graphics are printed by the 64" ValueJet 1614 using Arlon's DPF 6000XRP, a 2-mil gloss white cast film with bubble releasing, tinted, repositionable, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive.
FESPA Wrap Cup Champion of the Americas
FESPA will present this adrenaline-fueled vehicle wrap competition, where the wrap stars of the Americas region will be pitted against each other and the clock to find the FESPA Wrap Cup Champion of the Americas.
Xerox - Panel Discussion and Personalized Dining Guide
Gina Testa, Vice President, Worldwide Graphic Communications Industry, Xerox Corporation, will lead the panel discussion, "The New Business of Communications...Opportunities for Printers," which will take place on Friday, March 2 from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. The session will feature four print providers who have transformed their business models:
- Roger Manning, Owner, Banyan Printing
- Mike Pannagio, Founder and CEO, DME
- Mark Serbin, President, Serbin Printing
- Richard Sierra, President, Nationwide Graphics at Dodd Communications
Also, visitors to Xerox booth No. 313 can create their own personalized Miami 1:1 Dining Guide with restaurant recommendations based on preferred cuisines. The recommendations are communicated via a cross-media application from XMPie®, A Xerox company, and delivered via email and a personalized booklet.
HP Sessions and Breakfast
(*all sessions at the booth unless otherwise noted) HP offers attendees a variety of educational sessions, live demonstrations, and a special breakfast presentation on Friday, March 2. Among the events are:
- Thursday, March 1, 10 am - 5 pm
- Label Printing with Monty Faulkner: HP's Monty Faulkner will showcase the WS6000, printing prime labels live at the booth.
- Print unlimited applications using eco-friendly latex technology and discover a world of business opportunities - with Alfonso Spinola.
- Friday, March 2, 9 - 11 am - Breakfast: "Discover the Secrets to Digital Packaging (Room C123). Presented by: Mike Ferrari, expert in digital packaging and former worldwide P&G packaging director.
- Friday, March 2, 10 am - 5 pm
- Pedro Padilla, IHPS expert from HP will be answering questions about the latest Inkjet Web Presses as the new rotary.
- Print unlimited applications using eco-friendly latex technology and discover a world of business opportunities -- with Alfonso Spinola.
Ryan says that this year's exhibitors have fully engaged in this year's show. "It is quite impressive and inspiring to watch exhibitors, first hand, get so excited about being a part of an event that has become so impactful, for so many. Attendees are really in for a treat when they see the lengths these companies have gone to in setting the stage for such a worthwhile few days, which will set the course for years to come."