Océ, a Canon Group company and an international leader in digital document management, announced that Associated Printing Productions, Inc. (APPi) has installed a Canon imagePRESS C6010 digital press.
The new system has already brought dividends to the Miami Lakes, Fla.-based commercial printing company. “The imagePRESS C6010 system has allowed us to expand our digital printing capabilities with more in-line features and more automation than ever before,” said John Beadel, Vice President at APPi. Beadel continued, “The consistent, high-quality of the imagePRESS has truly impressed our sales team and has facilitated our success in gaining new digital printing work.”
The award-winning company, co-founded in 1991 by Rick and John Beadel, has earned a reputation in South Florida as a leader in the high-end commercial print industry. APPi has continuously sought out the latest technology, new techniques, and methods of optimizing the print process. The acquisition of the imagePRESS C6010 digital press, which prints, folds, and stitches in-line, continues this long-standing tradition. “The imagePRESS C6010 digital press allows us to expedite and optimize the entire process. We’ve also been able to reduce our turnaround times without increasing staff,” said Beadel.
Digital Press Speed with an Offset Look and Feel
Commercial printers like APPi are choosing the imagePRESS C6010 digital press for its ease of use and its productivity, but also for its quality, according to Francis McMahon, Vice President, Marketing, Production Printing Systems division of Océ North America. “The imagePRESS C6010 digital press not only powers through demanding volumes at speeds of more than 60 images per minute, it also delivers vibrant color quality output with the look and feel of offset,” said McMahon.
The offset quality of the imagePRESS C6010 digital press has been a key motivator for the Associated Printing Productions’ sales team. “Our salespeople have eagerly embraced the quality and the consistency of the imagePRESS, and their enthusiasm has now spread to our clients. Our digital press department is busier than ever!” said Beadel.
Océ Sales and Support Staff: “Incredibly Impressive”
Print providers choose Océ for their high-quality, reliable products. But service and support are equally important, and printers like Associated Printing Productions choose Océ as well for their knowledgeable and professional sales and support staff. “I am incredibly impressed with the sales and support staff at Océ. In fact, I’ve never dealt with a more well-rounded group with such a high level of knowledge,” said Beadel. “It’s been a pleasure working with Océ and a good experience all around. I’d recommend them to anyone.”
About the Canon imagePRESS C6010 Digital Press
The Canon imagePRESS C6010 digital press delivers outstanding quality, speed and reliability – with consistent color performance and seamless integration into industry-standard workflows. All backed by a team of experts focused on one thing – delivering stunning performance with extraordinary support.
Class leading image quality
• 1,200 dpi resolution and 256 gradations per color
• Advanced toner technology with oil-free V-toner combines the wide color gamut of pulverized toner with the best of polymerized toner
• Gloss optimization technology ensures a smooth finish on any media
• Advanced Smoothing Technology and the Effective Resolution System enhance output quality of images and texts
• Image control technologies and automatic real-time color calibration ensure excellent consistency on virtually any media
• Precision printing thanks to active registration and automatic shrinkage compensation
• X-rite i1Process Control color management software to simulate spot colors, validate digital proofs, manage color profiles, profile monitors and CMYK printers and create a library of color palettes
High continuous productivity
• Productive speed with up to 61.7 images per minute
• Eight input trays with enhanced vacuum-feed technology supply 10,000 sheets of different stock, reliably feeding even the most static coated paper
• On-the-fly toner and media refills - without stopping the printer
Extensive media handling and finishing capabilities
• Support for lightweight, coated, offset, labels & specialty stocks, with weights from 60 g/m2 to 325 g/m2 and coated stock as light as 70 g/m2
• Choice of inline finishing options including integrated saddle-stitcher to produce three-side trimmed booklets
• Two high capacity stackers plus additional finishing modules provide up to 17,000-sheet output capacity