Available in 2013, the HP Indigo 10000 prints 3,450, four-color B2 sheets per hour in its standard production mode, and 4,600 color sheets per hour using EPM. The press's size format and print speeds – combined with new automation, diagnostics and ink and media supply features – allow high throughput and lower unit production costs.
- Advanced, closed-loop quality control systems on the press include a new registration camera, an in-line spectrophotometer and HP Vision System technology.
- The HP Indigo 10000 prints on the more than 2,500 coated, uncoated and specialty media currently certified for use on HP Indigo 7000-series sheet-fed presses including true photo base paper used in silver halide production.
Stronger end-to-end photo workflows
HP also unveiled workflow solutions for HP Indigo presses that streamline image processing and production floor management. HP SmartStream and HP SmartStream Solutions Partner Program workflow solutions for HP Indigo presses include:
- New versions of the HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server featuring advanced load balancing capabilities, an online press interface, integrated support for HP's Hiflex Webshop web-to-print tool, and improved job batching, impositioning and auto-trapping features.
- New versions of the HP SmartStream Director workflow management solution, HP SmartStream Designer variable-data design and impositioning software, and the HP SmartStream Production Analyzer management solution.
- HP SmartStream Production Center, a new production management system that addresses the challenges of producing and delivering high volumes of short run jobs, reducing turnaround time and increasing profitability. HP SmartStream Production Center unifies multiple job streams, shows real-time, detailed end-to-end production floor status, and facilitates managing job progress and priority.
Record-breaking peak season print volume
The HP Indigo 10000, W7250, 7600, 5600 and WS6000p models extend HP Indigo's status as the leading technology for the photo merchandise market. Last year, HP Indigo production hit a new record in the market's annual October-December peak production season, a 20-percent increase over the 2010 peak season.
The HP Indigo photo portfolio complements a broader, world-class range of HP photo technologies, including HP Designjet Z Series large-format printers for professional photography output, in-store HP Retail Publishing Solutions kiosks and minilabs used at leading retailers, and the world's most popular consumer photo printers.