SGIA has announced the winners of its 2012 Sustainability Recognition Program, which recognizes specialty imagers as they take steps toward developing a sustainable business ethic to meet customer demand.
For the first time in the history of the Program, even the award is eco-friendly! Companies recognized for their efforts received a customized award made completely of coconut and bamboo.
Congratulations to the following companies who have successfully taken that first step:
- Aurora Specialty Textiles Group Inc. (Aurora, IL)
- BIG INK Display Graphics (Saint Paul, MN)
- GFX International (Grayslake, IL)
- Laird Plastics (Boca Raton, FL)
- Loparex LLC (Cary, NC)
- Modernistic (Stillwater, MN)
- Premier Press (Portland, OR)
- Pro Cal Professional Decals (Rock Hill, SC)
- Serigraph Inc (West Bend, WI)
Determination of Award Recipients is based on the submission of required program information and the facility's sustainability policy. The policy, however, is only the first step in developing a sustainability management system (SMS). Next, companies must think about how to put policy commitments into action, as part of a program to be implemented one at a time over a several-year period, evidencing a commitment to continued improvement.