Bell and Howell, a leading provider of solutions and services for paper-based and digital messaging, announced its solutions lineup and presentations schedule for the National Postal Forum in Orlando, Fla., April 1 through April 4. Bell and Howell will be exhibiting in booth 912.
“We are focused on developing solutions that leverage the power of information to help our customers succeed,” said Les Stern, CEO of Bell and Howell. “Visitors to our booth will see our best-in-class software, hardware and vision systems that enable companies to improve the effectiveness of communications, ensure quality and integrity, enhance efficiency, and reduce postal and operational expenses.”
The Bell and Howell booth will feature its full suite of postal, data and ADF software solutions. “Changes in our industry present new opportunities for mailers, and this is where Bell and Howell’s IQ software solutions provide a competitive advantage,” said Chris Lien, vice president of software marketing. “At NPF, we’ll be discussing the latest in postal optimization solutions and how mailers can earn the deepest postage discounts, achieve the highest levels of workflow efficiencies, and take advantage of postage incentives by combining high-touch mail with high-tech multichannel marketing initiatives such as the Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb) and mobile barcodes.”
In addition to software, the Bell and Howell booth will feature inserting and sorting solutions that are optimized to provide the highest throughput at the lowest cost per piece. The company will also unveil a new JETVision reading system in a slim profile configuration.
The booth will also feature a solutions theater where Bell and Howell industry experts will speak on relevant topics. Presenters will include:
• Chris Lien, Vice President, Software Marketing – “Visibility, predictability, accountability – Using the power of the IMb to drive effective multi-channel communications”
• Mike Maselli, Vice President, Marketing and Product Management – “Customers: What do they know? Delivering highly relevant, targeted communications”
• Dave Bush, Market Development Manager, Postal Software – “Customer partnerships in advanced postage handling”
• Hank Martin, Vice President, Postal Software Marketing – “Maximizing mail efficiency and delivery”
• Nick Kepf, Vice President and General Manager of Manufacturing – “An introduction to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Concepts”
Bell and Howell experts will also speak at two of the NPF educational sessions.
• George Varghese, Market Development Manager for Vote by Mail – Co-presenting with a USPS marketing expert on the topic of automating vote by mail processes.
Tuesday, April 3, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Naples 3
• Nick Kepf – Speaking on the topic of selecting and managing an outsourcing partner.
Tuesday, April 3, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Tallahassee Room
Bell and Howell solutions kiosks will feature its best-in-class hardware solutions that provide the highest integrity at the lowest cost of ownership. Among its most advanced and newest innovations are the Producer 30 and Ascender 14 inserting systems.
• The Producer 30, unveiled at a technology open house held at the Durham, N.C., Customer Center in March, is designed for environments that demand stringent mailpiece quality and integrity controls, high production volumes and low operating costs. The Producer 30 is the most advanced high-speed inserting technology available in the industry, with speeds of up to 30,000 mailpieces per hour.
• The Ascender 14, which handles both flats and letters, is the most flexible inserter in the industry, changing from one mailpiece size to another in minutes, and has integrity control that exceeds industry requirements.
Both the Producer 30 and the Ascender 14 incorporate the leading suite of Navigator operational management tools utilizing voice-controlled interfaces, enabling high-speed inserting at the lowest labor cost per item.
Live demonstrations on the NPF tradeshow floor include the following:
Criterion APEX Sorting System
Processing at speeds up to 70,000 mailpieces per hour, the Criterion APEX sorter is designed to increase productivity and process a wide variety of mail, with a modular, flexible design to meet changing needs. The Criterion APEX sorter can be configured as a multi-line optical character reader (MLOCR) or barcode reader.
NetSort Sorting Software Platform
NetSort supports full-service use of the IMb with functionality that includes the ability to track service-level agreement (SLA) requirements; manage unique mailpiece IDs for the required 45 days across multiple sorters and sites; manage uniqueness and relationship of/between trays and containers; and create and submit electronic mailing reports.
Forerunner 13 inserting system featuring Navigator and Harmonix
The new Forerunner 13 is arguably the fastest, smartest and most efficient gripper-arm inserter ever produced. With a throughput increase of 30 percent and a more than 40 percent increase in efficiency over previous systems, the Forerunner 13 produces more mail more reliably than ever before with throughput up to 13,000 per hour.
- Harmonix system software dynamically increases or decreases the inserter cycle speed based on how the machine is performing, and the set size distribution from an input feeder. The machine adjusts its production speed based on the uniqueness of the application, without operator influence.
- The Navigator system controller acts as a command center for any Bell and Howell inserting system. With Navigator, operators can improve productivity by performing their operational duties while communicating with the system using optional voice commands. Navigator also provides live chat support to minimize downtime from service issues and maximize runtime, resulting in a lower cost per piece.
The JETVision family of solutions includes hardware and software solutions that read, decode and manage information on virtually any system from any vendor. JETVision SLIM is a new, small footprint configuration that automates quality and integrity controls and can easily connect to a centralized management system such as the IQ Software Suite.
Postal IQ Solutions
- The Mail Manager suite of high-performance software packages provide CASS- and PAVE-approved, best-in-class address cleansing and presorting technology for mailers of any size or need. They support both Basic and Full Service Intelligent Mail barcodes and provide real-time access to Move Update services and advanced address correction.
- Accurant provides an extensible address-quality solution anywhere customer data is entered, edited or enhanced. It can be implemented at all data touch points for transactional data entry or used as a stand-alone CASS-certified solution on multiple operating systems in both 32- and 64-bit multi-threaded environments.