PrintCity and the World Print & Communication Forum (WPCF) confirm the final speaker line up for their jointly organised Lean & Green International Environmental Conference taking place in the Congress Centre at drupa on Thursday May 10, from 9:00 to 15:00. Presentations include the exploitation of Lean & Green opportunities to help grow business, plus some possibly controversial observations about the progress that our industry is making.
Final Speaker List
Fourteen presenters from around the world will speak at the May 10 conference, expressing different points of view about Lean & Green topics and methods:
• International NGO’s: Stefan Schurig, World Future Council, Germany, Rainer Litty, WWF, Germany
• Printers: Michael Keene, John Roberts Company, Minneapolis, USA (keynote presenter) and Peter Tse, CTPS Printing, Hong Kong, China
• Print focused environmental organisations: Frank Dieckhoff, BVDM, Germany, Benoit Moreau, Imprim Vert / UNIC / ClimateCalc, France, Jean-Paul Wheater, Vision in Print, UK, Martyn Eustace, Two Sides/Print Power, UK
• Industry speakers: Mr Qu, Chinese Print Federation, Roland Behringer, Management Consultancy, Germany, John Sanderson, UPM/PrintCity, Julien Dubourg, SMP, France, Joachim Sonnenschein, VDMA, Germany, Nigel Wells, VIM/PrintCity
ELLE Case Study
A case study by UNIC and PrintCity with the publisher of ELLE will be unveiled at the conference. The study evaluates the French magazine’s experience of 20 years of technology and environmental improvement, to mark the anniversary of the 1992 Rio Sustainability Declaration. Its scope includes pulp, paper and production. ELLE magazine is one of the world’s leading magazines and is published by Hachette Filipacchi Médias. The case study was led by UNIC, the French printing federation. The case study will be published in PrintCity’s book Seen! Lean & Green that will be released at drupa.
How to Attend
The conference costs only 175 € plus tax per person. For more information and to reserve your place now, visit http://amiando.com/LEAN_GREEN
Who Should Attend
This event is targeted at all drupa visitors and industry decision makers that want to hear leading authorities share environmental & lean production best practice expertise. The event allows visitors to also visit the fair, so is suitable for fly-in/fly-out and longer drupa stays.
Benefits from Attending
Attendance benefits include:
• Unique opportunity during drupa to learn about the business benefits from lean manufacturing techniques and environmental best procedure
• Make new contacts and information sources – presenters & attendees
• Access PrintCity environmental reports and learn what you can see at PrintCity in hall 6 at drupa – this includes the Lean & Green Opportunities special focus area
Key Note: Point of View of a Print Company with Optimised Lean & Green Production
Session 1: Environmental Footprint
Chaired by Alexander Rossner, Sustainability Consultant
Energy Landscape to 2020, Carbon Footprint (Intergraf, International Association ClimateCalc and ISO), Measuring Energy and CO2 of Printing Machines, Leaner & Greener Value Stream.
Session 2: Sustainability for Success
Chaired by Beatrice Klose, Secretary General WPCF
Lean Manufacturing – Practical Economic & Environmental Benefits, Green Printing in Action in China, Environment/Sustainability in Newly Industrialising Economies – China, Sustainability as a Success and Competitive Factor.
Session 3: Communication on the Environment
Chaired by Nigel Wells, PrintCity
Labels & Certifications for Forests and Paper, Labels & Certifications for Print Sites and Products, Communicating on the Environment, Multi criteria environmental labels in French magazines, ELLE Case Study.