Konica Minolta IJ will present the B2 format sheetfed inkjet press KM-1 (development name), co-developed with KOMORI Corporation, as a technology showcase at drupa 2012.
As the changes towards digital production in the commercial printing market catch on, Konica Minolta IJ developed a highly stable and reliable inkjet press for production printing that combines Konica Minolta IJ’s advanced inkjet technology and KOMORI Corporation’s paper transportation know-how that is based on the company’s renowned offset press technology.
At upcoming drupa, Konica Minolta IJ presents the KM-1 at Konica Minolta’s booth in hall 8b stand B78. The press will run live demonstrations. In addition, various types of printing samples will be showcased.
Visitors are invited to come to Konica Minolta’s booth to see the KM-1 digital press in action and enjoy the breadth and scale of its technology.
Benefits of KM-1 B2 cut-sheet inkjet press
- Konica Minolta’s original newly developed high-res print heads are implemented in KM-1. In addition the new press utilizes UV ink and a unique printing process that streamlines production at print service providers.
- With KOMORI’s paper transportation technology, KM-1 is able to reach speeds of 3,300 sph (simplex) and 1,650 sph (duplex) at a print resolution of 1,200dpi x 1,200dpi. This results in outstanding image quality compatible to offset print.
- Thanks to UV ink, KM-1 can print on regular offset papers such as coated paper, non-coated paper, and art paper without special treatment before and after printing.
- Also, as UV ink is cured instantly by the integrated UV LED units inside of KM-1, printed products are ready to be send to the finishing department immediately after printing. This significantly shortens production time and offers high flexibility to printers.
- KM-1 provides superb consistency such as paper feed registration accuracy, image quality that is constant batch to batch and repeatability both job-to-job and day-to-day, thereby meeting essential requirements for commercial printers.
- Easy operation and maintenance of this new digital sheetfed B2 press contribute to achieving streamlined processes throughout the production workflow.