Landa Corporation today announced the details of its groundbreaking Landa Nanographic Printing Presses that are set to transform mainstream commercial, packaging and publishing markets. With output speeds comparable to offset presses and employing NanoInk colorants that create unprecedented image qualities, the Landa Nanographic Printing Press portfolio is set to fundamentally change printing as we know it.
Landa Founder, Chairman and CEO Benny Landa says, "Nanography is a new technology for applying ink to paper. In developing Landa Nanographic Printing we had to re-think and reinvent the printing press. The result is digital printing with remarkable performance - from a family of presses that share stunning ergonomic design, a small footprint and some of the most advanced user functionality available in the market."
Landa Nanographic Printing Presses
At drupa 2012, Landa is unveiling a family of six Nanographic Printing presses - three sheetfed and three web presses - that enable print providers to produce short-to-medium run lengths at unmatched cost-per-page.
Each of the three sheetfed presses can print in up to eight colors and can use spot and specialty colors for a range of applications including general commercial printing, marketing collateral, medium-run books and manuals, direct mail and short-run folding cartons:
- The Landa S5 Nanographic Printing Press is a B3 (20 in.) entry-level press for fast and easy transition to digital production. The Landa S5 can print single-sided at speeds of up to 11,000 SPH on any off-the-shelf media (60-350 gsm).
- The Landa S7 Nanographic Printing Press is the most productive B2 (29 in.) digital production press on the market. It is capable of single-sided or double-sided printing at speeds of up to 12,000 SPH on any off-the-shelf media (60-350 gsm).
- The Landa S10 Nanographic Printing Press is the market’s first B1 (41 in.) digital production press. It is able to print single-sided or double-sided at up to 13,000 SPH on any off-the-shelf stock (60-400 gsm). A straight printing (simplex) model for folding carton operates at up to 6,500 SPH on virgin and recycled carton board, metalized stock (200-1000 micron thickness) and plastics foils.
The three web presses can print in up to eight colours and are aimed at commercial printing, publishing, labels, and flexible packaging:
- The Landa W5 Nanographic Printing Press is a 560 mm (22 in.) web width press capable of single-sided printing at up to 200 m/min (656 ft/min) on plastic films and shrink sleeves (12 to 250 microns) and on label stocks, tube stocks, aluminium foil and paper (50 to 300 microns).
- The Landa W10 Nanographic Printing Press is a 1,020 mm (40 in.) web width press, capable of single-sided printing at up to 200 m/min (656 ft/min) on film stock (12-250 microns) and on paper (50-300 microns). As Landa NanoInk will be FDA-compliant for food packaging, the W10 should be of interest to mainstream packaging converters.
- The Landa W50 Nanographic Printing Press is a 560 mm (22 in.) web width press for high-volume digital production and is capable of double-sided printing at up to 200 m/min (656 ft/min) on any coated or uncoated paper (40-300 gsm). It is ideally suited for publishing, books, magazines, periodicals, annual reports, journals, directories, manuals, direct mail with personalisation and versioning… and more.