Commercial printers, publishers and data centers have new options for high-quality black-and-white printing: the KODAK DIGIMASTER HD Digital Production Platform.
The DIGIMASTER HD Systems will replace the current DIGIMASTER EX Systems and feature greater productivity and operating efficiency, enhanced image quality and exceptional reliability. The DIGIMASTER HD platform includes three robust and reliable models: the HD125, HD150 and HD300, with respective rated speeds of 125 ipm, 150 ipm and 300 ipm. The new systems are available immediately.
“The DIGIMASTER HD introduction reinforces our commitment to monochrome cut-sheet printing and continual enhancements to image quality, modularity, productivity and reliability,” said Doug Edwards, Kodak’s President, Digital, Packaging and Functional Printing.
The new HD Series features the following innovative enhancements:
- A smaller toner particle size and improvements in the imaging components and software that result in enhanced rendering of graphics and photo images with 25 percent higher yield per toner bottle
- A new advanced fusing system design that is more reliable, reduces maintenance, and results in an overall improvement in performance, particularly when using preprinted media
A video detailing the benefits of the KODAK DIGIMASTER HD Digital Production System can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/DigimasterHD
The KODAK DIGIMASTER HD Digital Production System is the latest evolution of the highly successful DIGIMASTER Platform, which features:
- Unrivaled productivity through benchmark uptime and availability, the ability to run at full rated speed across a wide range of substrates, and streamlined, highly reliable paper handling
- High-quality output that meets clients’ stringent requirements for offset-class quality
- Versatility to complete complex finishing tasks in line, including perfect-bound books and saddle-stitched documents in a variety of sizes; or to quickly process variable data streams, allowing transactional documents or direct mail to be printed quickly, reliably and effectively—even using offset-printed color shells or MICR printing for security
- Choice of engine performance with the capability to upgrade to 300 ipm speed and modular finishing components for a system that can grow with changing needs into the future
The DIGIMASTER HD Platform is targeted for applications that include books, transactional documents, and direct mail. These high-performance systems deliver consistent, reliable high image quality that can help customers increase profitability, while differentiating themselves in the marketplace.