MGI Digital Graphic Technology has announced their full lineup of drupa product premieres, which includes a broad range of new toner and inkjet digital production devices.
MGI’s drupa presentation includes two products previously announced prior to the show:
- ALPHAJET B2 sheetfed inkjet press, presented in a technology preview with commercial availability scheduled for mid-to-late 2013. With speeds up to 3,000 52 x 74 cm / 20 x 29” sheets per hour, the ALPHAJET utilizes MGI’s award-winning inkjet technology to print in up to 6 UV colors in 1200 x 1200 DPI and offers inline spot or flood UV coating, on substrates up to 500 gsm.
- JETvarnish 3D digital spot UV coater, which takes spot UV coating to a new level. Offering beautiful spot embossing capabilities, the JETvarnish 3D is ideal for producing textured and raised effects on digital or offset prints up to 52 x 74 cm / 20 x 29.” For users interested in higher volume spot UV coating without the raised effects, the JETvarnish 3D provides this feature at speeds up to 3,000 52 x 74 cm / 20 x 29” sheets per hour.
NEW JETvarnish 3D features announced at drupa:
- 3D embossing directly on to digital prints (including MGI’s Meteor series), as well as inkjet and offset– no lamination or coating required
- New camera system ensuring precise registration to printed pages
The JETvarnish 3D is available for order immediately with installation beginning in fall 2012.
In addition to the ALPHAJET and JETvarnish 3D, MGI is presenting the following new product premieres at drupa:
- Meteor DP8700 S - now featured alongside the Meteor DP8700 XL in MGI’s flagship series of dry toner digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 S offers entry-level users the power of digital production for short runs of paper, envelopes and synthetic (such as Teslin) with variable data/personalization, at an affordable price point and with no click charge, and with speeds up to 4, 260 A4/letter pages per hour and stunning 3600 DPI / 270 LPI print resolutions. The Meteor DP8700 S is now commercially available.
- NOVA UV (presented in a technology preview, with availability scheduled for late 2012)- MGI's flagship Meteor series with an inline UV coater, ideal for one-step printing and UV coating of applications such as book covers, brochures, postcards and many others. The NOVA UV will also be available as an inline option for Meteor DP60 Pro and above models, and also as an offline unit and will be ideal for both digital and offset prints, scheduled for availability by Q4 2012.
- • JET 7540 - the JET 7540 is a 4-6 color inkjet press with inline spot or flood UV coating, perfectly suited for personalization of offset printed calendars. The JET 7540 can print on substrates between 0.2 and 4 mm thick, with speeds up to 2,500 sheets per hour and format sizes up to 74 x 65 cm. It is now available for order.
See MGI’s entire digital printing and finishing portfolio (including all new products) at drupa 2012 in hall 4, booth B24.