Here at the conclusion of drupa 2012, C.P. Bourg is calling this edition of the quadrennial printing industry mega-show a resounding success – and the start of a new era of on-demand print finishing.
"Digital printing and digital technology is moving smartly into the future, fueled by the reality that virtually everything conventional printing is capable of, digital can do it faster, more efficiently and with added meaning and richness," says James Tressler, Director of Marketing and Branch Operations, C.P. Bourg Inc.
"In this new era, production binding and finishing becomes integral to all but the most isolated print workflows, serving to emphasize concepts like 'nimble production' and 'zero waste.'"
On its stand in Hall 13, on the Xerox stand in Hall 8b and at other companies' stands around the show floor, C.P. Bourg launched products and held or participated in demonstrations of technology that reflect these themes, serving to consolidate the company's position as the world's leading developer and supplier of on-demand document binding and finishing equipment.
"Drupa 2012 proved beyond a doubt that, as a company dedicated to quality, innovation and efficiency, we're exactly in the right place at the right time with the products, growing partnerships and vision the printing industry needs to drive efficiency and productivity," says James Tressler, Director of Marketing and Branch Operations, C.P. Bourg Inc.
At its stand in Hall 13, C.P. Bourg...
...Introduced new finishing products and options, including some that facilitate or can operate as part of both in-line and near-line/off-line print workflows. These include:
• Dual-mode BSFEx Sheet Feeder -- gives print shops the option of automatically finishing jobs printed off-line by a number of digital presses on C.P. Bourg finishers attached in-line to a Xerox iGen or Nuvera Press.
• BCME and BCMEx Bleed Crease Modules -- provide optional full-bleed production trims and creasing that can operate off-line as part of a BSF production line, or in -line, matching the full speed and format size of a digital press.
• BDFNx Document Finisher -- a purpose-built stitch-fold-trim finisher for predictable on-demand document finishing and booklet making.
• New Stack Carts -- designed and approved to work with digital presses made by Canon, H-P, Kodak, Oce and Xerox Corporation. The specially-designed carts (trolleys) are outfitted with air tables that enable easy, "set-secure" transfer of accumulated print output from digital presses to any C.P. Bourg BSF-based binding and finishing system. In this way, they help maintain the set integrity of digitally printed output while helping to maximize finisher productivity.
…Unveiled three new perfect binding systems aimed at efficiency and productivity:
• Bourg BB3202 -- a next-generation, fully automated perfect binder designed to operate in-line with a range of different manufacturer's digital presses and production finishing configurations to bind manuals, catalogs and photo books on demand.
• Bourg BB3102 -- an automated off-line binder aimed at short-run and on-demand production environments that features unattended operation made possible by the new Bourg BBL Book Loader option. A major advance in producing perfect-bound books off-line -- including digitally printed "book runs of one" with minimal intervention.
• Bourg BB3002 PUR-C -- a compact, environmentally-friendly PUR binder for on-demand perfect binding.