Rosemont Press, Inc. is pleased to announce its certification by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Established in 1962, Rosemont Press is one of the largest family-owned commercial printing company in the New York metropolitan area. As an FSC-certified organization, Rosemont utilizes wood products from forests that are managed to high environmental, economic and social standards. Rosemont achieved its certified status following a rigorous application and auditing process. The FSC tracks the chain of custody of wood from managed forests through all stages of processing and distribution, including printed products. Similar to the growing market for recycled products, there is an increasing demand for FSC-certified products. Items printed by Rosemont for its clients will be entitled to special FSC labeling to announce the ecologically responsible nature of the products.
Says Rosemont president Patricia Reardon, “FSC certification is just one more step of many that Rosemont has taken to be a socially responsible company and reduce our impact on the environment.” Some of Rosemont’s other eco-friendly programs include the following:
- Recycle all paper (not used in final products), metal, ink, and wood
- Collect, store and dispose of ink, chemicals, solvents and press solutions ensuring they will not get into groundwater
- Institute the latest GRACol7 process standards resulting in significant reduction of consumable waste
- Utilize online proofing to reduce production of physical hard proofs
- Use “green” soy inks (safe, sustainable and renewable)
- Replace all corporate lighting with high-efficiency, low-watt usage lighting alternatives