HP will present a versatile portfolio of printers, applications and services for professional photographers, labs and retail photo businesses at photokina, September 18 - 23, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany (Hall 4.1, Stands I-010, I-040, I-050, J-045 and J-049).
HP will display products from the HP Indigo digital press and HP Designjet printer portfolios. HP also will feature applications demonstrating the latest techniques available using HP inks, substrates and technologies. photokina will provide a forum for the entire commercial photography industry, including labs, professional photographers, print service providers (PSPs), retailers and in-home publishing consumers to experience the image quality, versatility, creative and business opportunities enabled by HP technologies.
Featured on the stand will be:
- HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press - the latest in the range of 7-color presses offering labs increased quality and productivity for printing photo-specialty products.
- HP Designjet L26500 Printer - the 1.55m (61 inch) large-format printer using HP Latex Inks for the production of indoor and outdoor graphics, created with the environment in mind.
- HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer (available in 1.067m (42 inch) and 1.524m (60 inch) models) - designed to deliver photo-quality prints at the highest print speed in its class with breakthrough color consistency and accuracy across a wide range of media.
- HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer (available in 61cm (24 inch) and 1.117m (44 inch) models) - the easy-to-use wide-format inkjet printer with a 12-ink (HP Qad Black and HP Chromatic Red) printing system for professional photographers with inbuilt spectrophotometer.
"The innovative, high-quality photo applications printed by this diverse line up of products on HP's stand is sure to engage and inspire visitors to the show," said Ronen Zioni, market development director, GSB, EMEA, HP . "Beyond the high-productivity of the printers and presses and HP's technological developments designed to enhance the printed output, HP is also going to reveal new initiatives to support the photo market and help photo labs, in particular, maximize business opportunities in this sector."
High productivity, more applications and value-adding techniques
Designed for superior-quality and new special effects, the new HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press prints up to 120 A4 pages per minute (ppm) in its standard production mode. It is based on the HP Indigo 7000 series sheet-fed presses used by many photo specialty providers.
Utilising a new HP ElectroInk Light Black with HP ElectroInk Black, the new press is capable of producing superior-quality black-and-white images, meeting the requirements of the most discerning professional photographers.
The HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press also features:
- Raised print up to 50 microns from the sheet, using multiple layers of ink, opening opportunities for creativity, differentiation and added value.
- Embossing or debossing effects using a mould created digitally on the press creating textures, reverse textures and patterns for photo enhancement.
- Digital watermarking to enable special visual effects.
HP Indigo digital presses can print on a wide range of papers and other substrates (coated and uncoated, matt, semi-gloss, gloss and textured) so photo retailers, professionals and labs can offer differentiated photo-specialty products.