X-Rite, Incorporated has been named a recipient of the 2012 InterTech Technology Award from the Printing Industries of America for its redesigned i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer featured in X-Rite’s recently announced portfolio of i1 Professional Color Management Solutions.
Evaluated by an independent panel of judges for the world's largest graphics arts trade organization, X-Rite’s new i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer was selected for this highly sought-after award from entries around the world. Award recipients were judged to be truly innovative and are expected to advance the performance of the graphic communications industry.
"The judges were especially impressed with the i1Pro 2’s ability to precisely measure substrates with different levels of optical brighteners using the new M0, M1 and M2 standards, allowing color management to be further improved,” said Dr. Mark Bohan, Vice President, Technology and Research at Printing Industries of America. “It is a cost-effective and versatile solution that overcomes the problem created by optical brighteners in color critical work.
X-Rite will be presented with an InterTech star as a symbol of technological innovation and excellence before an audience of industry leaders during the 2012 Premier Print Awards Gala on Oct. 7 in Chicago, IL.
The i1Pro 2 second-generation device is integrated together with i1Profiler software into X-Rite’s new i1Basic Pro 2, i1Photo Pro 2, and i1Publish Pro 2 solutions. The i1Pro 2 has been completely redesigned to maximize profitability, efficiency and accuracy. It is the most accurate and forward thinking device available today accommodating three measurement modes in one single device, including the most commonly used M0 (Standard Illuminant A), the emerging M1 (illuminant D50) and M2 (known as UV-cut).
“X-Rite is honored to be selected for this coveted technology award for our thoughtfully redesigned i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer,” said Frank Maeder, X-Rite Product Manager, i1 Solutions. “Recognized for its high quality design, the i1Pro 2 device helps deliver to color professionals around the world the workflow tools they need that incorporate ever important emerging color standards.”
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, the newly enhanced i1Pro 2 device has been redesigned to provide an even higher level of accuracy, versatility, ergonomics, functionality and value. The new i1Pro 2 portfolio is specifically targeted to meet the unique needs of photo, pre-press, digital print and publishing professionals, providing exceptional value at very attractive price points.
New i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer highlights:
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling (both Tungsten and UV/LED mode) for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under different light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode and enables dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Wizard-driven interface with status LED leads users through the profiling and calibration process while providing all the options and control desired, regardless of expertise.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device.
- Improved Emissive Measurement allows for better temperature stability and higher brightness levels resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors ever.
- Wavelength calibration LED allows for self diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications)
- Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt.
The new i1Pro 2 Professional Color Management Solutions are currently available from X-Rite’s online store (North America), and also from the company’s worldwide network of resellers. i1Publish Pro 2 will also be offered with two upgrade options based on original solution purchased.